Center Theatre Group
Los Angeles, CA
POSITION TITLE: Driver
REPORTS TO: Operations Coordinator
WORK SCHEDULE: Full-Time, varies to include evenings and weekends
WORK LOCATION: Los Angeles and Culver City
STATUS: (Exempt/Non-Exempt): Non-Exempt
COMPENSATION: Hourly. Starts at $21.64/hour.
BENEFIT STATUS: Eligible
ABOUT THE COMPANY
At Center Theatre Group, we believe theatre creates an extraordinary connection between artists and audiences. As one of the nation’s most influential non-profit theatre companies, we provide the broadest range of theatrical entertainment in the country at the Ahmanson Theatre, the Mark Taper Forum and the Kirk Douglas Theatre. Whether it’s producing new work through our robust artistic development programs or engaging people of all ages and backgrounds across Los Angeles through our community and education programs, we put theatre at the center of it all.
Center Theatre Group commits to creating a safe space where the values of diversity, equity, access and inclusion are rooted in all levels and aspects of our work. We aim to attract, nurture and retain staff in a supportive home where we can be our best selves. We celebrate our commonalities and embrace our differences in order to ensure that everyone has access to our work onstage, behind the scenes and in the community.
Responsible primarily for driving, acquiring and delivering items for Center Theatre Group. Provides labor to maintain vehicles, offices, rehearsal and warehouse spaces.
· Conduct oneself at all times with the awareness of being the first point of contact between artists, vendors and Center Theatre Group.
· Arrange optimal driving routes, taking into consideration traffic, the time of day and possible obstacles.
· Safely load, unload and secure items from CTG Warehouse, Shop, Annex and various vendors for all CTG and Music Center (TMC) spaces as required.
· Operation of company vehicles including Ford F-150 trucks, 16 ft. stake bed truck, cargo van, passenger vehicles, forklifts, Genie lifts and order picker. (CTG will provide training and certification when required.) On occasion a 24 ft. stake bed truck will be rented and operated.
· Ensure vehicles are clean and well-maintained and report problems with them.
· Maintain regular and consistent communication with the Operations Coordinator while obeying all safety regulations and traffic laws.
· Execute, manage and reconcile petty cash, credit card and P.O. purchases.
· Light maintenance of company vehicles.
· Assist Facilities Assistant with cleaning duties as needed.
Center Theatre Group provides a dynamic working environment in which duties and responsibilities may change. Employees are expected to be flexible and responsive to changes in the scope of their duties.
All employees are required to pass a background check.
It is CTG’s intention to have a workforce which is fully vaccinated against COVID-19. New employees will be required to provide proof of full vaccination prior to the first date of employment
CTG offers a comprehensive compensation and benefits package for full-time employees including retirement plan options, escalating paid vacation, sick, personal days and holidays, paid lunch hour, and health benefits including medical, dental, vision, life and long-term disability insurance, flexible spending accounts and employee assistance program.
HOW TO APPLY
Tell us why you are the ideal person for this job.
Please send your resume and cover letter along with salary desired firstname.lastname@example.org. Please be sure to include the position title in the subject line of the email. Due to the heavy volume of resumes received, emails that do not include the job title in the subject line of the email may not be considered. In the cover letter, please indicate how you became aware of this position, e.g., name of website, current employee, other source.
No phone calls please. We will contact qualified individuals to set up interviews.
Center Theatre Group is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against any applicant on the basis of race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, color, ancestry, disability, age, national origin, pregnancy, veteran/military status, genetic information or any other basis prohibited by law. CTG will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance. We support, promote and embrace a diverse workforce.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-dyozq0-54-144-55-253-42 in your application.