SVP, Promotions, Partnerships & Events
Studio City, CA
CBS Marketing is looking for someone who has extensive experience developing strategic, highly creative and effective social media and digital marketing initiatives to work closely with our 210 local stations on digital and social strategies that will not only build their audiences and platforms and work in concert with the overall CBS Brand social strategy. As part of the CBS Social Media Team, you will be responsible for leading and managing efforts to help our local stations develop and innovate social media strategies, providing network guidance, insight, support and resources - to help them better align with CBS initiatives. You will work with stations on local content - effectively engaging users across all social media platforms. You will design and oversee initiatives that will leverage the reach and agility of local stations' news, marketing and digital operations. You will gather appropriate data to effectively set objectives, identify target audiences and action steps derived from performance metrics and insights to develop, produce, implement and measure strategies, concepts, tactics and content plans that are coordinated with broader marketing and content initiatives. You will work collaboratively with internal teams, agencies and a variety of local content and marketing teams to develop and execute engaging, innovative and strategic social media marketing, influencer and content plans that help build the CBS brand and reach through strengthening the local stations.
• Develop, implement and manage a clear strategic vision and strategy for social media and digital channels for local stations, including out CBS owned stations and CBS affiliates.
• Find ways to use social media and digital content to deepen our relationship with our audiences, to drive linear ratings, digital product subscriptions, grow our digital/social footprint, and leverage all organic marketing efforts to reach our customers in meaningful and engaging ways.
• Manage the development of social media marketing plans that can connect local stations with network initiatives, including overall strategies and integrated engagement initiatives for both paid and organic efforts.
• Set clear objectives, identify targets and set engagement strategies across a multitude of content types.
• Build and implement strategies that provide the most advantageous opportunity to gain increased recognition and preference by our internal and external audiences and the broader media industry.
• Develop and manage relationships with key publishers, including but not limited to Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, Snap, YouTube, TikTok and other social/digital partners.
• Work with local stations to develop and manage local strategies for talent, special editorial content and other local broadcasts.
• Gather, analyze and apply relevant data and customer insights to help define effective and innovative strategic approaches to social/digital media.
• Measure outputs against internal and external efforts; create robust campaign analysis and communicate best practices to internal teams and stakeholders.
• Work with Affiliate Marketing team to innovate and execute paid media strategies as part of the affiliate co-op program
• Build and manage positive, productive relationships with station group executives, station management, local teams and corresponding network counterparts in entertainment, news and sports.
• Collaborate effectively with CBS Marketing leadership including CBS Affiliate Marketing, brand team, media, creative and promotion teams.
• Work collaboratively across business units, including, CBS Network, CBS Entertainment, CBS Interactive, CBS Television Stations, CBS Affiliates and other CBS-branded businesses and sister companies.
• Serve as the leader and clearinghouse for stations on requests of network news, sports and entertainment talent for special/targeted social requests from the markets -helping them focus their request and expectations for best outcomes -i.e. brand compliance, talent-friendly, efficient
• Build and manage relationships with external agency partners and vendors.
• Effectively manage a budget against all efforts, including creative development and production.
• Work to develop and implement new processes and mechanisms that will ultimately improve team performance, creativity, communication and collaboration.
LOCATION: LOS ANGELES OR NEW YORK
• BS degree, with a concentration in Social Media, Public Relations, Journalism, Advertising, Business preferred or equivalent work experience.
• 7+ years of experience in social media marketing and strategy preferably at a marketing/creative agency, or within the news or entertainment industry.
• Experience leading social media strategic planning, creative development and implementation processes.
• Experience gathering and interpreting social media data.
• Experience with influencer marketing and earned media strategies.
• Experience in integrated marketing and in planning/buying paid media preferred.
• Ability to work in Los Angeles or New York
• Avid user of social networking sites including TikTok, Twitter, Facebook, Snapchat, Instagram, Pinterest, reddit and Tumblr with solid understanding of the current feature set of each platform.
• Exceptional understanding of social/digital platforms
• Ability to develop forward-thinking ideas for a wide range of marketing asset types, including news, sports and entertainment - designed to drive customer acquisition/retention as we deepen audience engagement and enhance the CBS brand position; experience managing campaigns for TV/Film/ Entertainment/News properties, gaming, lifestyle, or equivalent verticals, including local television stations
• Experience identifying meaningful, actionable insights within past successful social media campaigns.
• Knowledge and a strong interest in pop culture, current affairs, social platforms, and influencer talent.
• Ability to work collaboratively across the organization with employees at all levels.
• Highly organized and able to manage multiple projects at once.
• Proficient in Photoshop, PowerPoint, and Excel.
• Exemplary team player able to build relationships quickly with internal and external stakeholders with a wide range of personality types.
• A proven leader who motivates, inspires and drives progressive creative thinking.
• Comfortable in a test-and-learn environment.
• Ability to influence direction on a wide range of department issues.
• Strong decision-making skills and can operate with significant autonomy and discretion.
• Creative thinker with strategic and analytical prowess.
• Detail oriented with strong project management skills.
• Ability to prioritize in a complex, fast-paced environment.
• An excellent listener and communicator with a high EQ.
• Focused and driven to excellence at the accomplishment of all tasks.
• Embraces accountability.
• Exceptionally strong verbal and written communication skills.
• Experience managing creative and/or marketing budgets.
ViacomCBS delivers premium content to audiences across traditional and emerging platforms worldwide. Through television, streaming and digital content, studio production, publishing, live events, merchandise and more, we connect with billions of people.