Junior Producer, Marketing
Los Angeles, CA
The VP, Brand Identity & Systems is the creative steward for CBS brand identity, voice and experience. The ideal candidate will have a strong understanding of branding and corporate identity, and an ability to work independently and alongside other designers, creatives, and clients. This person should have practical experience creating brand guidelines, concept decks, strategic input briefs, and creative briefs at a top consumer-facing brand (entertainment brands are a bonus).
The VP Brand Identity & Systems will manage the creative execution and catalog of all brand elements for CBS, CBS Studios, CBS News and CBS Sports. They will partner with internal stakeholders across business units to effectively manage CBS brand and design assets that elevate the CBS brand identity in a cohesive, consistent and creative manner across our content/shows and customer touchpoints. From logo parameters to audio cues, this person should understand how it all ties together, and what is missing to create a truly memorable brand.
This individual should be comfortable engaging entry-level through executive stakeholders and working with many different types of creative professionals and creative outputs. They should possess excellent communication and collaboration skills. They must thrive on creativity and innovation, working to inspire a multifunctional team with a management approach that embraces teamwork, collaboration, mentorship, open communication and diversity.
• Envision and expand on the CBS, CBS Sports and CBS News visual systems, working closely with the Creative Directors and Content Strategists across the group.
• You will partner closely with our brand strategy and planning team and direct a small team of brand designers.
• You will bring a strategic point of view to questions of brand language, naming, framing and more. This isn't just about look-and-feel or tone-of-voice, this is about how our brand lives and breathes in the world. We need someone who can set a vision and get down and dirty into the details.
• Help create bar-raising visual identity systems to support and reinforce our product vision, brand, and business objectives.
• Evolve the CBS team culture by taking calculated creative risks, nurturing new and disruptive ideas, and producing groundbreaking creative for marketing campaigns.
• Collaborate effectively with other marketing team leaders, as well as other stakeholders outside of marketing to develop better/bigger creative ideas as well creative alignment with Network/Studio/programming/development executives, show runners, talent and other key stakeholders at the Network, Studio and CBSAA.
• Work collaboratively, opportunistically and proactively across our ViacomCBS sister brands, networks and platforms to support our marketing objectives as required by any given initiative, as well as share best practices, data and other learnings.
• Minimum 8 years of experience in entertainment creative marketing.
• Ability to develop forward-thinking ideas for a wide range of entertainment marketing asset types, designed to drive customer acquisition/retention as we deepen audience engagement and enhance the CBS brand position.
• Exceptional understanding of traditional and digital entertainment marketing, including but not limited to on-air, display, print, OOH, paid social, performance and digital media channels.
• Exemplary team player able to build relationships quickly with internal and external stakeholders with a wide range of personality types.
• Proficient in Adobe suite of products and add-ons.
• Comfortable in a test-and-learn environment.
• Ability to influence direction on a wide range of department issues.
• Possess strong decision-making skills and can operate with significant autonomy and discretion.
• Creative thinker with strategic and analytical prowess.
• Detail oriented with strong project management skills.
• Ability to prioritize in a complex, fast-paced environment.
• An excellent listener and communicator with a high EQ.
• Focused and driven to excellence at the accomplishment of all tasks.
• Embraces accountability.
• Strong verbal and written communication skills.
• Experience managing creative and/or marketing budgets.
ViacomCBS delivers premium content to audiences across traditional and emerging platforms worldwide. Through television, streaming and digital content, studio production, publishing, live events, merchandise and more, we connect with billions of people.