KTVT/KTXA, the CBS owned facility in the Dallas Fort Worth Metroplex seeks a highly qualified team player to manage multiple transmitter facilities in Cedar Hill, TX. We are a dynamic, fast paced group dedicated to providing innovative solutions to the business of covering News and providing great Television in the nation's 5th market.
The position includes responsibilities as Chief Operator, compliance of all RF based equipment, repair and maintenance of ENG and SNG RF systems and maintenance of documentation of all RF systems. The Transmitter Supervisor will also assist studio maintenance engineers as needed to maintain on-air digital television systems. This individual will understand the role of the Engineering Group as a support organization to the News efforts of the facility.
The ideal candidate will be able to manage and maintain multiple transmitter facilities, communicate effectively through both verbal and writing skills and demonstrate a detailed understanding of all broadcast related RF systems and processes. Applicants must have 5+ years of Broadcast Engineering experience and possess the following:
- A strong Broadcast Engineering background and advanced ''hands on'' knowledge of audio, video, and high power RF transmission systems.
- Excellent project management skills, including design, documentation and system integration.
- Solid understanding of TCP/IP networking relating to PC function and communication with software applications in Ethernet networks.
- Experience in fixing UHF television transmitters and electronic circuits to the component level.
- An AA/AS degree or certificate in electronics advanced Engineering Technology degree or applicable electronics study and/or experience.
- FCC General Class License or SBE certification is preferred.
ViacomCBS is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) including disability/vet.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-g4jw87-3-236-212-116-42 in your application.