Work directly with Directors, Producers, and News managers to provide staging services during WBBM-TV local news productions for broadcast and streaming. Responsibilities include setting up and testing lighting and other television equipment, following the Director's instructions, assisting performers, guests, and visitors, and making adjustments to sets. Keeping the set and stage clean between performances and removing any waste. Supporting company-wide productions and events on and off site.
Additional responsibilities include but not limited to -
• Unloading materials and equipment from trucks
• Setting up lighting, props, microphones, and other equipment
• Testing equipment to ensure it is in working order before filming or a performance
• Building and disassembling sets
• Assisting technicians with the operation of lighting, sound, and video equipment
• Assisting performers and guests
• Operating curtains and quickly moving scenery and props during theatrical productions
• Running errands upon request
• Stage electric, stage carpentry, property persons, spotlight operators, and lighting operation and maintenance as required and directed.
• Knowledge of the basic parts of and operation techniques for lighting, sound, and video equipment
• Physical ability to move heavy equipment from one location to another
• Problem-solving ability to troubleshoot issues with equipment
• Interpersonal skills to interact positively with cast members, crew members, vendors, and audience
• Ability to use tools needed to build and strike sets
• Strong oral communication skills to work with other crew members
• Ability to move quickly to change scenery and relocate props during scene changes
• Understanding of on-set and stage safety precautions
• Shifts can include nights, weekends, early mornings, and holidays.
Organizations that wish to receive job vacancy notices from this posting's television station should contact email@example.com.
Paramount is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) including disability/vet.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gk6x14-100-26-196-222-42 in your application.