CBS Los Angeles/KCAL News, part of CBS Owned & Operated stations and the nation's largest duopoly, is on the lookout for a phenomenal dynamic and versatile Sports Writer/Producer. We pride ourselves on delivering over 6 hours of engaging sports content weekly, covering everything from local teams to global events. Our team is dedicated to highlighting the heart of the Los Angeles sports scene, from professional franchises to college and high school sports. If you have a passion for sports, especially those involving our beloved LA-based teams and schools, this is the place to be!
You'll be an integral part of our team, responsible for crafting compelling sports narratives and enhancing our sportscasts. You'll be working closely with our diverse group of professionals to create impactful shows and sports news segments. We're seeking proactive self-starters who can take on a variety of responsibilities while contributing to our sports content creation within a dynamic team environment.
• Crafting pertinent sports content from lead content to highlights and teases
• Editing highlights, teases, VOs, SOTs & long-form packages
• Will craft & build graphics to visually improve the storytelling process, including, but not limited to, lower 3rds, full screens & monitors
• Implement engaging production techniques to manage and elevate the quality & impact of our sportscasts
• Generate compelling story/feature ideas, especially in the context of community impact
• Extensive knowledge of sports across all platforms, including, but not limited to all local pro sports franchises (Lakers, Dodgers, Chargers, etc.)
• Extensive editing experience (Edius used here at CBS-LA)
• Proficiency in the control room, with strong communication skills and ability to navigate breaking news
• Experience creating and populating sports rundowns (iNews used here at CBS-LA)
• Available to work weekends and holidays
• 2+ years of prior writing/producing experience in sports/news environment
• 5+ years of experience in sports television
• Skill in posting/finding sports content on social media/digital
• Experience with building graphics (part of daily responsibility)
• Experience with emerging media techniques and equipment in a newsroom setting
• College Degree required (or equivalent experience), preferably in Journalism or Communications
Hiring Salary Range: $85,000.00 - 107,000.00.
The hiring salary range for this position applies to New York, California, Colorado, Washington state, and most other geographies. Starting pay for the successful applicant depends on a variety of job-related factors, including but not limited to geographic location, market demands, experience, training, and education. The benefits available for this position include medical, dental, vision, 401(k) plan, life insurance coverage, disability benefits, tuition assistance program and PTO or, if applicable, as otherwise dictated by the appropriate Collective Bargaining Agreement.
Paramount is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) including disability/vet.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gqebyx-44-197-101-251-42 in your application.