Sports Camera Operator
Remote / Virtual
PURPOSE OF POSITION:
Line produce, organize and edit sportscasts within daily news programs on as-needed basis.
• Prepare, coordinate, and edit on-air material for daily sportscasts.
• Work under extreme deadline pressure to create compelling sportscasts, in consultation with executive producer and sports anchor.
• Ability to shoot with prosumer camera when needed.
• Monitor and log televised sports events.
• Conceive, create and order graphics.
• Field produce, as needed.
• Maintain an unequivocal commitment to accuracy, fairness and ethics.
• Contribute story ideas
• Other duties, as assigned.
• Creative, organized, and results-oriented
• Line producing skills.
• Experience with non-linear editing. Edius edit system knowledge, a plus.
• Experience with non-linear shooting, a plus.
• Must have strong knowledge of Chicago-area sports
• Knowledge of use of social media and ability to execute station's digital strategy
• Ability to work flexible schedule, as needed.
PREFERRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
• Two years' experience as TV sports producer and non-linear editor, preferably in top 20 market
• Bachelor's degree in journalism or similar field
• Available to work irregular hours, weekends, and holidays.
ViacomCBS is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) including disability/vet.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-ro3m54-3-236-212-116-42 in your application.