CBS Los Angeles/KCAL News is looking for a part-time, multi-skilled writer/producer for Sports Central to help cover a wide variety of sports in over 6 hours of sports content weekly. From here in Los Angeles to events across the world, we try to put a special focus on our local teams and activities in professional, college, high school & more. To tell these stories, we need a staff with a passion for all sports, especially involving our LA-based teams and schools.
This position will work in conjunction with the rest of our staff to build all the elements in our Sports Central shows and sports news hits. It will mainly be staffed on weekends, with the opportunity for more work throughout the week. We are looking for individuals who are proactive self-starters and able to shoulder a variety of responsibilities while putting together our sports segments and shows, all while working together in a team environment.
• Write pertinent sports content, including, but not limited to, leads, highlights, teases, VO copy, packages & obituaries
• Edit highlights, teases, VOs, SOTs & long-form packages
• Design & create graphics to visually enhance the storytelling process, including, but not limited to, lower 3rds, full screens & monitors
• Implement engaging production techniques to manage and elevate the quality & impact of our sportscasts
• Generate compelling story/feature ideas, especially in the context of community impact
• Extensive knowledge of sports across all platforms, including, but not limited to all local pro sports franchises (Lakers, Dodgers, Chargers, etc.)
• Extensive editing experience (Edius used here at CBS-LA)
• Experience line producing shows in a control booth
• Experience creating and populating sports rundowns (iNews used here at CBS-LA)
• Available to work weekends and holidays
• 2+ years of prior writing/producing experience in sports/news environment
• 5+ years of experience in sports television
• Experience with building graphics (part of daily responsibility)
• Skill in posting/finding sports content on social media/digital
• Bachelor's Degree (or equivalent experience), preferably in Journalism or Communications
Organizations that wish to receive job vacancy notices from this posting's television station should contact email@example.com.
Hiring Salary Range: $33.99/hr-$48.01/hr
The hiring salary range for this position applies to New York City, California, Colorado, Washington state, and most other geographies. Starting pay for the successful applicant depends on a variety of job-related factors, including but not limited to geographic location, market demands, experience, training, and education.
Paramount is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) including disability/vet.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gpoovo-44-200-77-92-42 in your application.