The General Manager of WBZ/WSBK Boston will be responsible for leading this award-winning duopoly in the Boston market. This executive will be at the center of CBS Boston's future success, upholding our commitment to high-impact, high-quality journalism, building a strong culture of inclusivity, and effecting real, measurable change within the communities we serve.
We are seeking an executive who will build a team to drive modernization across the organization, prioritizing an adaptable anbroadve culture that embraces change and innovation. The GM will have a clear vision for the future of WBZ/WSBK with the capability of communicating and executing that vision via hands-on leadership, optimism, strategic risk-taking and focused metrics of success.
The right candidate will be a creative problem solver who generates new ideas and understands how to maximize resources to achieve market leadership. This includes developing strategies which evolve WBZ/WSBK Boston from not only being the place to go for breaking news, but also where consumers can find localized high quality, high impact journalism and content – across broadcast, digital and OTT. Work directly with CBS Corporate leadership, to drive collective growth and success.
Overview and Responsibilities
• Build clear vision for the station and the blueprints for success that every staff member is should follow.
• Direct and run the overall operations to get results including established goals/objectives in ratings, audience, sales/revenue, market share, profit and operating income.
• Lead all aspects of and evolve the station to improve its impact, relevancy and connection with local audiences, with focus on the continued evolution of digital/streaming platforms.
• Predict market trends and set budgets and performance expectations.
• Oversee all station departments including news, sales, marketing, engineering, programming and production.
• Lead a premium multi-platform news organization including a vast and diverse team of talent across many roles and disciplines. Oversight of the station's broadcast and 24/7 streaming service, including quality/technical requirements.
• Identify effective and efficient approaches to operations and processes throughout the organization.
• Represent the station in the community; develop and maintain strong relationships with community leaders. Seek out opportunities to contribute to the local market area for the betterment of the community.
• Recruit, develop, and retain a strong leadership team; provide guidance and coaching to maximize their performance and accelerate their professional growth.
• Execute all corporate policies/objectives while maintaining the highest level of ethics and industry standards. Establish and maintain an innovative and highly collaborative culture atmosphere that promotes open communication, respect for others and excellence.
• Create a diverse, collaborative, and balanced work environment.
• Ensure the station is following and in compliance with all equal employment opportunity (EEO) and Federal Communications Commission (FCC) requirements.
• Shown experience leading a local broadcast station or news organization. The ability to effectively lead and run in a dynamic and challenging environment. Forward-thinking and skilled in digital changes, sources and emerging trends.
• A participative leadership approach that cultivates collaboration and innovation. Ability to recognize, build and communicate priorities, strategies, market opportunities and challenges to drive growth and performance improvement.
• Attention to detail and project management skills. Strong written, verbal and presentation skills.
• Experience managing budgeting processes and strategic planning.
• Legal understanding of FCC rules and regulations.
• Must be a strong leader with the ability to manage all aspects of the station. Significant relevant experience in broadcasting sales management or related required.
• Bachelor's degree in Sales, Marketing, Communications, or related field preferred.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-dyx9e0-3-238-95-208-42 in your application.