Maintenance Technician 403(g)
CBS 2 / WLNY-TV / CBSN NEW YORK is looking for a TV Studio Maintenance Engineer!
• Fixes electronic equipment to a component (hardware/software) level, works with equipment manufacturer to tackle problems.
• Order all necessary required parts for repair of all equipment and communicates optimally with vendors, station management, and staff.
• Isolate and fix problems with broadcast servers and associated applications.
• Manage server administration, LAN & VLAN configuration and installation of updates.
• Work with vendors and manufacturers to research and address support issue.
• The ability to work independently and collaboratively with engineering team is critical.
• 5+ years of experience as a television broadcast engineer, or equivalent.
• Bachelors, IT certification or technical school, desirable. Network certifications are a plus.
• Willingness to work nights, weekends, holidays and in emergency situations, as we are a 24/7 news operation.
• Strong knowledge of common HD television station equipment.
• Ability to read and build AV signal flow diagrams, document project design work and see projections through to completion.
• Acoustics, EAS systems, Grass Valley Stratus/K2 servers.
• Familiarity with IP interface networking, active directory, and software deployment utilities.
• Ability to work in a team setting.
Hiring Salary Range: $49,406.24 - 118,773.82.
The hiring salary range for this position applies to New York City, California, Colorado, Washington state, and most other geographies. Starting pay for the successful applicant depends on a variety of job-related factors, including but not limited to geographic location, market demands, experience, training, and education. The benefits available for this position include medical, dental, vision, 401(k) plan, life insurance coverage, disability benefits, tuition assistance program and PTO or, if applicable, as otherwise dictated by the appropriate Collective Bargaining Agreement.
Paramount is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) including disability/vet.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gqzzn9-34-239-173-144-42 in your application.