Facilities Engineer - CBS Philadelphia
The Facilities Engineer is responsible for performing routine building maintenance tasks. Performance of building maintenance tasks in one or more fields (e.g., carpentry, electrical, heating, ventilation, and air conditioning (HVAC), plumbing, etc.) and other tasks as assigned. This is a full-time, non-exempt hourly position, reporting to the Director of Broadcast Operations & Engineering.
• Be on call 24x7 in the event of a major problems.
• React and adjust quickly to changing conditions with timely, practical, and cost-effective solutions for dealing with issues in collaboration with other departments.
• Monitor and participate when needed in the work done by outside contractors for adherence to good practice, quality, and safety guidelines.
• Oversee and assist as needed with shipping & receiving and mail functions.
• Perform and oversee inspections and maintenance on fire extinguishers, emergency lights, exit signs, air handlers, transfer switches, UPS, generators, tanks, roofing, etc.
• Oversees filter replacements in HVAC units, Understands VAV boxes and their control system.
• Identify and keep service manuals for building systems and understand the interconnected electrical and HVAC plant for CBS3.
• Support and organize testing, planning, and troubleshooting of major building systems in conjunction with department head.
• Utilize project management software to assign specific tasks and manage recurring tasks.
• Order parts and repairs using Oracle purchasing software.
• Perform Monthly Emergency generator testing, keeping records in accordance with city license and regulations.
• Organize and coordinate with Engineering an annual end-to-end facility power test with vendors, ensuring UPS, Generator and transfer switches work properly.
• Supervise, manage, and lead inspections of CBS3 underground Diesel tanks for EPA compliance licensing and testing.
• Adjust and monitor HVAC systems on a regular basis to accommodate changing physical space requirements and climate needs.
• Perform replacement of lamps, ballasts, and fixtures as needed in facility.
• Performs interior painting, carpentry, and assembly for minor projects.
• Performs event set up and tear down in great hall, and other areas that need tables and chairs.
• Coordinate the storage and disposal of extra and un-needed equipment.
• Install sneeze guards and builds plexi separation where needed.
• Perform light plumbing repairs, toilets, faucets, sinks and drains, ordering and changing out parts.
• Work closely with engineering and operations staff on integrated projects and on-going maintenance.
• Facilitate making keys for the facility and maintaining lock systems.
• Mount television monitors in various locations and coordinate electrical connections.
• Coordinate snow removal of sidewalks and parking lot.
• Five years practical experience and hands on knowledge in areas of construction, carpentry, plumbing, electrical systems, UPS, generators, HVAC, housekeeping, and general maintenance
• Demonstrated experience in managing multiple projects simultaneously with changing priorities.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills, customer service skills, and organizational skills
• Ability to operate computer and a proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook. Experience with Facilities software preferred.
• Project management skills and an ability to troubleshoot and provide solutions.
• Ability to work extended hours, including evenings and weekends and on call hours as needed, and to respond to emergencies and any issues that arise.
• Valid driver's license, ability to travel to assigned worksites such as transmitter and TV microwave sites.
• Ability to work outdoor events in varied weather conditions, traverse varied terrain, and lift and carry materials up to 75 pounds.
• Ability to handle power tools and operate machinery.
• Ability to climb ladders.
• Bending at waist, sitting, kneeling, climbing, walking, crouching as job may require.
• Working around lubricants, solvents, batteries, cleaning fluids, paints
• Building and Property Maintenance Trade school or college vocational training is preferred.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-r1o9zy-3-238-98-214-42 in your application.