Part Time Engineering Technician
CBS 62 (WWJ-TV) and CW50 (WKBD-TV), the CBS News and Stations owned & operated in the #14 television market Detroit, is searching for a dynamic teammate for the position of Part Time Engineering Technician. In this role, the Broadcast Technician will be responsible for equipment operation to support production for live and pre-taped shows for air.
• Must have strong technical proficiency and operate various studio, news, and control room equipment such as live production automation systems, satellite, microwave, and bonded cell receive systems, studio camera control and operation, audio console and wireless mic/IFB systems, teleprompter, and floor directing.
• Make ''on the fly'' changes, switching shots, camera angles, graphics and more
• Monitor video broadcasting equipment and resolve technical issues
• Ensure that all equipment is prepared for broadcast
• Serve as a resource for hands-on response to broadcast hub technical issues, live streaming, and certain building system functions
• Facilitate technical operations for breaking news and weather cut-ins; assist News Department with crawls and bulletins.
• Consult and communicate with engineering management and other engineers on technical issues as required.
• Perform other duties as directed
Please note: This is an IBEW covered position.
• Proven record of effective troubleshooting under pressure on technical systems critical to the broadcast and live streaming plant
• Knowledge of computer networking, broadcast automation and workflow systems
• Experience with editing content using non-linear editing systems, audio operation and camera or graphics experience
• Experience working with microwave, satellite, and bonded cell receive systems and transmission vehicles is a plus
• 1+ years of applicable broadcast engineering work experience
• Strong written, oral communications and interpersonal skills
• College diploma or university degree in a related technology or communications field is preferred.
Paramount is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) including disability/vet.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-r78yoq-44-200-171-156-42 in your application.