Director Research (WBZ-TV)
WBZ/WSBK seek an experienced TV Research Director to manage the work flow, timeline development and all projects for our Duopoly. Support the Sales, News and Creative Services departments. Report into the GM.
The right candidate will have a thorough understanding and expertise of the methodology, depth and scope of Nielsen, Nielsen NLTV, Comscore, MRI, Wrap Overnights and Wrap Sweeps, SQAD, STRATA, Kantar and Scarborough (Prime Lingo) syndicated media research data.
• Develop custom category and client specific presentations. Develop projections and estimates.
• Utilize PC and Web based software to compile and analyze consumer research, retail expenditures, and product/lifestyle information in key retail categories. Translate research findings into concise and meaningful advertiser presentations, innovative tools and creative leave-behind pieces.
• Ensure accurate interpretation of quantitative research from Nielsen rating services and lead the analysis and distribution of key findings to sales staff.
• Execute research strategies and projects that support the needs of the GM, DOSs, department heads and sales staff
• Utilize custom geo-based demographic research and local qualitative research from a variety of resources including Scarborough, and U.S. Census to help build a solid qualitative case for our stations among advertisers in the marketplace.
• Build market-wide presentations for key sports sponsorships, the Fall lineup as well as broadcast medium effectiveness versus other media options available to our clients and other topics.
• Serve as market specialist in the use of third-party software products that interpret syndicated research data (e.g.: FreeWheel STRATA, WRAP, Scarborough, Kantar). Work with management, sales, and sales support staff to troubleshoot and improve knowledge and usage of all functions.
• Assist Sales Management and Account Executives in the formulation of research-based proposals/schedules by developing inventive planning tools and executing creative research training. Also, address client's key marketing challenges and business needs.
• Oversee the creation of sales and marketing materials including: ratings one-sheets, sports packages, demographic targeting pieces, competitive spending data (Kantar).
• Report responsibilities: variance and daily overnights (preliminary and finals) as well as sending sports time and program changes to Nielsen, weekly and monthly ratings' analysis and News rating's trend reports. For sales, competitive spending reports including top advertisers report, zero share reports, category spending versus station share, and sports spending.
• At least 5 years' media research experience in media, marketing, agency, research and/or digital.
• Bachelor's degree in Marketing or Advertising or equivalent work experience.
• Experience in broadcast TV or cable highly preferred.
• Advanced proficiency in MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
• Excellent writing, story-telling, math and oral communication skills are essential.
• Work well under pressure with a positive attitude.
• Handle multiple projects at a time with superior time-management skills.
• Must be able to distill findings, publish results in simple and easily digestible terms using MS Office, and build agency/client presentations.
• Present effectively to small and large groups of industry peers and clients.
FUNCTION: Data and Research