WBZ-TV is seeking a phenomenal Writer/Producer/Editor with a love for local news to join our award-winning Creative Services team to craft compelling marketing and branding messages across our duopoly of WBZ-TV and WSBK-TV, as well as our digital properties including CBS News Boston, WBZ.com, and our social media channels!
In this position, you will play a key role in elevating and advancing our daily, multiplatform news promotion to help establish WBZ News as the premiere news source in the Boston market. You will work closely with our news producers, reporters, and anchors to create compelling messaging for our linear and social platforms that drives on-air and streaming viewership. We are looking for a candidate who can identify promotable, brand-aligned news content, and who can write, produce, and edit effective topical, targeted special report, and proof of brand image spots, as well as create promotional content and messaging for our social media platforms.
WBZ's brand promise is to make our communities a better place to live, and we want that sentiment to permeate our marketing messaging. We're looking for someone with a deep passion for local news and the greater Boston community, as well as the ability to bring a creative, contemporary approach to a multitude of projects. You will report to the Creative Services Director and will play an active, ''hands on'' role in our newsroom as a champion of the WBZ brand.
WBZ serves as a Regional Marketing Lead among the CBS owned and operated stations, which were named Broadcasting & Cable's 2023 Station Group of the Year. In this environment, you will have opportunities to collaborate with CBS Marketing and work with creative leaders across our 17-market station group.
• Write, produce, and edit attention-grabbing topical, targeted special report, and proof of brand promotions – for both linear and social channels – to build brand and grow and retain audiences.
• Create high-quality, authentic, promotional content – including on-air spots and digital and social media assets – that resonate with the Boston audience.
• Work with cross-functional teams, including news producers, on-air talent, and marketing specialists. Regularly participate in daily editorial meetings.
• Identify promotable content before and after it airs, and quickly recognize and act on promotional opportunities, by paying constant and close attention to the news of the day and WBZ's newscasts.
• Develop multiplatform promotional messaging to build brand awareness for WBZ's market-leading streaming service, CBS News Boston.
• Ensure accuracy and consistency across all platforms.
• Willing to work a flexible schedule, occasionally during 'off hours' as news events warrant.
• Bachelor's degree in Marketing, Communications, or a related field. Relevant work experience may be considered in lieu of a degree.
• Proven experience in a news marketing or creative production role, with a minimum of 3-5 years of experience, preferably in the news or media industry.
• A genuine passion for local news and storytelling, with an understanding of the role a news organization plays in the community.
• Strong proficiency in writing and editing, with the ability to shoot a welcomed bonus, to create engaging, brand-compliant marketing. Familiarity with Avid and the Adobe Creative Suite a plus.
• Highly organized with an attention to detail and the ability to manage multiple projects on time-sensitive deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
• Knowledge and understanding of various social media platforms and how best to connect with their respective audiences.
• Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal, with the ability to effectively convey ideas and concepts.
If you have a love for local news, a passion for your community, and an interest in brand building and creating impactful marketing, we invite you to apply to join us at WBZ-TV to be a part of our commitment to making a greater Boston!
Organizations that wish to receive job vacancy notices from this posting's television station should contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Paramount is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) including disability/vet.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rnnnnk-18-207-129-175-42 in your application.