Overview / Role Details:
KDKA-TV Pittsburg's mission is to make our communities a better place to live through positive, optimistic solution-based journalism.
As a Creative Producer in the Creative Services Department, you would be a critical part of building our brand and spreading this message every day.
With a focus on driving engagement and viewership, you will develop daily content marketing that helps grow our brand across screens. You thrive on generating innovative ideas for linear, digital, and streaming (OTT) platforms. You know the difference between audiences on YouTube vs. Instagram and Facebook's platforms, and how to be memorable on each. You are also a great collaborator working across all teams at CBS Pittsburg.
KDKA-TV Pittsburg is building the Creative Team of the future. We're looking for someone who is multi-skilled, takes risks and has pride in finding phenomenal ways to effectively connect with our audience.
• Write, produce, and edit daily marketing messages that help grow the brand.
• Generate and post creative social media messaging and OTT marketing on-a-daily basis to drive viewership to our newscasts.
• Attend/contribute to daily news planning meetings onsite
• Generate and complete ideas to improve workflow and build efficiency within the department
• Assist with other department projects including brand development and content-creation
• Assist with station community events and activations
• Coordinate and lead all aspects of video production projects from start to finish including idea generation, scripting, production planning and coordination, directing crew and talent, and post-production supervision.
• Available to work nights and the occasional weekend as needed
• Bachelor's degree in media, journalism or marketing
• 2+ years of experience in production
• Proven excellent writing skills and the ability to produce effective promos with great copy and use of elements
• Experience creating assets for digital platforms.
• Experience in television news and/or news promotion is required.
• Strong video editing skills.
• Videography, lighting, studio, and location production skills are a plus.
• Ability to demonstrate excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
• Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced news environment and control deadline pressures.
• Ability to work cohesively and collaboratively with on-site news producers, production staff and our outside media agency
• Requires onsite work in support of the daily newscast.
• Proficiency in Adobe Creative Suite; Familiarity in iNEWS and WideOrbit a plus.
• Writing samples and portfolio are required.
Paramount is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) including disability/vet.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gqe8kx-44-200-101-84-42 in your application.