Creative Producer, CBS Pittsburgh (KDKA)
KDKA-TV Pittsburgh is seeking a highly creative multi-media producer to join our dynamic team. As Creative Producer, you would be a critical part of creating marketing campaigns promoting our news & talk programming. You flourish with generating innovative ideas, driving the production and delivering memorable, effective spots. You are also a great collaborator working across multiple departments at KDKA-TV. You are multi-skilled, take risks, and have pride in finding extraordinary ways to effectively connect with our audience.
• Write, produce, and edit daily marketing messages that help grow the brand.
• Coordinate and oversee video production projects from start to finish including idea generation, scripting, production planning and coordination, directing crew and talent, and post-production supervision
• Generate and post creative social media messaging and OTT marketing on-a-daily basis to drive viewership to our newscasts and original programs
• Attend/chip in to daily news planning meetings onsite
• Communicate with producers, editors, and on-air talent in the daily production of news promotions
• Assist with other department projects including brand development, on-location and in-studio production, brainstorming, and content-creation
• Assist with station community events
• Available to work occasional nights and weekends as needed
• Bachelor's degree in media, journalism or marketing
• Minimum 4-years' experience in similar role
• Excellent writing skills and the ability to produce effective promos with compelling copy and creative visuals
• Experience creating assets for digital platforms
• Experience in television news and/or news promotion
• Strong video editing skills
• Videography, lighting, studio, and location production skills are a plus
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
• Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced news environment and handle deadline pressures
• Ability to work cohesively and collaboratively with on-site news producers, production staff and our outside media agency
• Be able to work onsite in support of the daily newscast
• Proficiency in Adobe Creative Suite; Familiarity in iNEWS and WideOrbit a plus
• Must provide writing samples and portfolio
• Must love news and storytelling
• Must love collaboration and being part of a team
Organizations that wish to receive job vacancy notices from this posting's television station should contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Paramount is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) including disability/vet.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-r0j4vj-3-239-9-151-42 in your application.