The CBS Entertainment Group, a subsidiary of Paramount Global, creates and distributes industry-leading content across a variety of platforms to audiences around the world. The Company has businesses with origins that date back to the dawn of the broadcasting age as well as new ventures that operate on the leading edge of media. It includes some of the industry's most successful and popular brands and businesses: CBS Television Network, CBS News and Stations, CBS Sports, CBS Studios, CBS Media Ventures and CBS digital properties.
Overview & Responsibilities:
The Research Director will provide clear and actionable analysis to inform programming, marketing, and scheduling decisions across all traditional and digital platforms. This role will support Research leadership and provide analysis and insights directly to executives throughout CBS, with a focus on News and Sports. And the Director will also be responsible for mentoring and growing the skills of the Cross-Platform research team!
The ideal candidate will:
• Go beyond data reporting to analyze the ''why'' behind daily, weekly, and seasonal viewing trends.
• Distill complex analyses into simple, workable insights.
• Automate reporting processes and build data analysis tools from data acquisition, to storage, and visualization.
• Use all available research data (primary and secondary) to develop complete, cohesive insights aimed at driving business growth.
• Independently develop thoughtful and innovative research designs to help drive programming, scheduling and marketing decisions.
• 6+ years of media/audience research with digital experience (TV and/or cable experience preferred).
• Knowledgeable in TV and multiplatform media measurement systems such as Nielsen (NPower), Adobe Analytics, comScore, etc.
• High level proficiency in MS Excel, PowerPoint and data visualization tools (Tableau, Looker, Power BI, or Google Data Studio).
• Strong data experience in both automating processes and building report templates.
• Experience in multiplatform audience reporting and tracking.
• Display strong written and verbal communication skills.
• SQL, Python or R a plus.
• Stellar interpersonal skills, and the ability to work collaboratively.
• Knowledge of social listening tools and an understanding of the social measurement landscape.
• Interest and understanding of News and Sports programming across multiple platforms!
Paramount is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) including disability/vet.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-d82nnq-34-236-192-4-42 in your application.