Head Stagehand - Props
New York, NY
The Technical/Production Manager is the primary in-site GMO management representative assigned to the various CBS News productions. Works closely with the Producers, Directors, personnel scheduling, and others to ensure that each production has what is needed. Oversees and coordinates the delivery of all CBS resources to production, including technical and stage labor, distribution, support personnel (make-up, hair, wardrobe), production facilities, building facilities, security, Aramark, etc. Works with scheduling to ensure that client billing is correct, timely, and clearly presented to the client.
Another critical aspect of this position, especially during live production, is to check-in and coordinate all live remotes, including satellite, fiber, zoom, Skype, etc. to ensure that remote guests and talent can hear the control room; that the control can see and hear the remote; that the audio, video, Director and AD know how to see, hear and speak to the remote talent; and to troubleshoot any issues with regard to the remote.
• Manages and oversees the daily studio operations of various productions.
• Manages the below-the-line personnel assigned to the production.
• Works directly with the client (Directors, Producers, Managers, etc.) and other GMO and CBS departments to facilitate below-the-line production planning and execution.
• Technical/Production Manager is responsible for all below-the-line production costs and billing and works closely with both GMO and CBS News Operations Finance and Accounting to assure accurate and timely billing as well as financial reporting for each production.
• Responsible for maintaining a high level of customer satisfaction. Works closely with Scheduling on the final actualization and billing of work orders in MediaPulse.
• Minimum of 5 years of television production/operations experience.
• Must have an in-depth understanding of studio and post-production in a live environment.
• Must have an understanding of the technical capabilities of the facility and how it can be used most effectively and efficiently to the benefit of the production.
• Must be able to handle numerous issues and details in real-time during the production process, beginning with an initial production meeting, all the way through delivery of the completed program.
• Must be a self-starter who is comfortable working in a fast-paced, high-pressure environment.
• Must be willing to work a varied schedule including early mornings, late nights, weekends, holidays, and long days as needed.
• Must become familiar with the details of our several collective bargaining agreements. Must be computer literate, with a particular emphasis on Microsoft Excel.
• Must become familiar with Xytech MediaPulse.
ViacomCBS delivers premium content to audiences across traditional and emerging platforms worldwide. Through television, streaming and digital content, studio production, publishing, live events, merchandise and more, we connect with billions of people.