Los Angeles, CA
4.03(g) Systems and Maintenance Technician
maintenance of client workstations and data structure:
• Information Security Compliance, Testing, and Documentation
• Apple Mac Mini, iMac, and Mac Pro computers
• Final Cut Pro, Adobe Premier, and Adobe After Effects systems
• Avid editing, storage, and server hardware
• Fibre-channel fabric and switching hardware
• Tape Library administration (LTO5, 6, and 7)
• Maintenance and support of networking structure
• Quantum StoreNext and Fabric client support
• Workstation network configuration and troubleshooting
• Linux Server administration (Redhat, CentOS, Fedora, Ubuntu)
• Windows Server administration (Server 2012, 2016, and 2019)
• CISCO Edge and core switch configuration, troubleshooting, and management
Support On-Air, Production and Post-production facilities:
• Data structure, back up, and disaster recovery
• Workstation and I/O support
• Network and traffic support
• Adobe Creative suite products support (After Effects, Premier, Photoshop, Illustrator, etc.)
• Avid Media Composer, Symphony, Nexis, Interplay, and Media Central
• Avid Pro Tools
• OS-X and related system software
• Project-oriented development, design, implementation, and support.
• May be required to perform general duties such as equipment maintenance, camera/audio utility, shift coverage, and equipment installation/relocation, etc.
• Practical experience implementing information security best practices, security testing protocols, and on-going systems documentation.
• Minimum of ten years' maintenance experience in a media production and post-production environment.
• Strong troubleshooting skills with focus on determining hardware, software, firmware and application issues both repeatable and intermittent.
• Avid expert-level support experience for Media Composer/Symphony workstations, Interplay, Media Central, Air Speed, and Nexis servers (Avid ACSR certifications are desirable).
• Advanced experience in configuring CISCO network hardware in a combined Apple OS, Windows Server & Workstation, and various Linux distributions environment (CISCO Routing and Switching CCNA or CCNP certifications are desirable).
• Advanced experience performing server administration and troubleshooting tasks encompassing common services including AD, DNS, DHCP, HTTP, SSH, SMTP, TFTP, etc. (Microsoft MCSE and/or Redhat RHSE or RHCSA certifications are desirable).
• Advanced experience performing VMWare installation, configuration, troubleshooting, and administration (VMWare VCP or VCAP certifications are desirable).Preferred:
• Thorough understanding and practical experience supporting hybrid cloud environments for broadcasting and post-production workflows (AWS Certified SysOps Administrator, Certified Advanced Networking, and/or Certified Security certifications are desirable).
• Firewall configuration and administration
• Active Directory and Open Directory administration
• Thoroughly understand subnetting and CIDR notation
• Practical knowledge of UDP accelerated file transmission techniques
• Practical experience in the creation and updating of technical documentation utilizing AutoCAD and Visio
• may require prolonged sitting or standing periods.
• Ability to lift a variety of equipment
ViacomCBS delivers premium content to audiences across traditional and emerging platforms worldwide. Through television, streaming and digital content, studio production, publishing, live events, merchandise and more, we connect with billions of people.