Marketing Strategy Director
Studio City, CA
The SVP Promotions, Partnerships & Events will bring our CBS brands to life through innovative promotional activations, events and a wide range of unique marketing activities and partnerships that work to extend our reach, drive earned media, secure incremental revenue and build our brands across CBS Entertainment, CBS Studios, CBS News and CBS Sports. They will work with internal marketing teams, corporate partners, sales clients, content distributors/affiliates, 3rd parties and other relevant partners/organizations to develop industry-leading consumer, B2B and pro-social activities that will engage existing and new audiences through live and virtual promotional and marketing activations, centered around our CBS products and programming, talent and brands. They will lead a nimble team, based in New York City and Los Angeles, working directly with internal partners and external agencies to develop, implement and manage a wide-range of activities that support our marketing strategies across entertainment, news, sports, industry, brand and corporate social responsibility. This leader is a strategist, an innovator, and a storyteller, passionately focused on creating compelling and prominent experiences that bring our CBS products to life in new and modern ways that elevate our brand. This individual must have a proven track record in developing and managing groundbreaking promotional activations, as well as managing the creative expression of marketing objectives and strategies through specific tactics as described by any given brand initiative or marketing plan. They must thrive on creativity and innovation, working to inspire a multifunctional and diverse team with a management approach that is customer-centric, collaborative and courageous.
• Develop, manage and execute a strategic vision for promotional, marketing and social impact activations and events that align with our brand mission to grow audiences, drive earned media, revenue and CBS brand value.
• Manage the development and implementation of cross-company partnerships that span CBS business units with and across cross-company partnerships at ViacomCBS.
• Be a creative visionary with the ability to inspire innovation and energize teams to think beyond what would be considered as traditional promotional activations.
• Drive strategic vision, execution of key promotional activations including but not limited to Upfronts, NFL Football, Grammys, SXSW, Comicon and more.
• Effectively partner with cross-functional teams including Brand Strategy & Planning, Creative, Media, Social Media, Sales, PR, Digital and a wide range of ViacomCBS partners to develop and execute plans against objectives and strategies.
• Collaborate and partner with Sales to develop new and innovative opportunities to increase revenue while increasing our marketing reach and earned media opportunities.
• Partner with Media teams to effectively integrate and evaluate owned, paid and earned media channels into strategies and tactics.
• Develop and manage pro-social events and activities (CSR) that will effectively engage audiences with our brand in new and meaningful ways.
• Develop and manage promotional merchandising.
• Monitor, analyze, and evaluate performance, customer behavior and feedback, market trends and competitor activity to identify market opportunities and generate ideas and strategies.
• Measure the performance/ROI on all activities to accurately determine the effective value to the marketing campaign or individual activity.
• Ensure that all activations meet a high-level of quality; aligned with the objectives of any given campaign strategy as well as the CBS brand mission/vision.
• Evolve the CBS brand and department culture by taking calculated creative risks, nurturing new and disruptive ideas, and producing groundbreaking activities for any given campaign, event, partnership or activation.
• Collaborate effectively with Marketing team leaders, as well as other stakeholders outside of CBS Marketing to develop better/bigger ideas as well obtain alignment with Network/Studio/programming/development executives, show runners, talent and other key stakeholders at the Network, Studio and our digital businesses.
• Effectively plan and manage departmental, activation and related budgets.
• Work collaboratively, opportunistically and proactively across our ViacomCBS sister brands, networks and platforms to support our marketing objectives as required by any given initiative, as well as share best practices, data and other learnings.
• Minimum 15 years of experience in event and promotion marketing.
• Deep and robust experience activating brands through innovative, creative and groundbreaking, multi-platform promotional events.
• Ability to effectively adapt to the wants/needs of customers in ways that ultimately benefit our brands and businesses.
• Productive, established relationships across the entertainment industry.
• Extensive experience in ad/sponsorship partnership, client management, creative and revenue development.
• Ability to develop unique ideas for a wide range of clients and content types, designed to drive audience engagement, earned media and enhance the CBS brand position.
• Collaborative team player with the ability to build relationships quickly with internal and external stakeholders with varied personality and business types.
• Professional experience in a leadership position overseeing a dynamic, diverse creative marketing team.
• Experience managing a team that produces and delivers a high volume of creative marketing assets, on time and on budget.
• A proven leader who motivates, inspires and drives progressive creative thinking.
• Comfortable taking calculated risks and working in a collaborative, constructive test-and-learn environment that iterates to meet the needs of our clients.
• Possess strong decision-making skills and can operate with significant autonomy and discretion.
• Creative thinker with strategic and analytical prowess.
• Detail oriented with strong project management skills.
• Ability to prioritize in a complex, fast-paced environment.
• An excellent listener and communicator with a high EQ.
• Focused and driven to excellence at the accomplishment of all tasks.
• Embraces accountability.
• Strong verbal and written communication skills.
• Experience managing budgets.
ViacomCBS delivers premium content to audiences across traditional and emerging platforms worldwide. Through television, streaming and digital content, studio production, publishing, live events, merchandise and more, we connect with billions of people.