The CBS Studios, a division of ViacomCBS, is seeking a highly motivated Accounting Manager that is a self-starter and team player. Ideal candidate must be detailed oriented, organized and possess good communication skills. This position will work with other departments and divisions within the corporation. Key responsibilities will include but will not be limited to the following:
• Accurate and timely accounting and financial reporting of assigned business units and the consolidation of those results. Includes monthly, quarterly and annual preparation and presentation to management.
• Preparation of financial results and reconciliations.
• Perform financial statement variance analysis and deliver results to management.
• Assist with quarterly internal / external audit requests.
• Reconciliation and preparation of various revenue statements.
• Preparation of Ad-hoc reports and special projects.
• Preparation of monthly Balance Sheet and inventory schedules, including variance analysis from plan and prior month or quarter.
• Preparation of the monthly balance sheet as well as quarterly supplemental balance sheet rollforwards and other supporting schedules.
• Supervision of Network Revenue senior accountant, including review of revenue, AR and Deferred Income.
• Prepare and or review journal entries necessary for month/quarter/year end accruals.
• Communicate with several divisions within CBS to ensure timely receipt of key documents required for on-time financial statement submissions
• Mentor senior accountants on day-to-day tasks, serving as the first point of contact for inquiries
• Bachelor's Degree in Accounting or Finance, with 3-5+ years of comprehensive accounting experience
• Entertainment industry experience a plus
• CPA preferred, not required
• Cognos experience a plus
• Strong research, analytical, and problem solving skills
• Strong work ethic that takes ownership of assigned areas and is capable of performing a variety of time sensitive tasks
• Excellent oral and written communication skills
• Works well in a team oriented environment
• Proficient with Microsoft Office applications (Excel, Outlook, Word, PowerPoint) and able to learn other software applications
• A mix of public and private industry preferred
ViacomCBS is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) including disability/vet.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-r0m616-54-227-97-219-42 in your application.