Director, Business Analytics
Studio City, CA
CBS Television Studios is one of the industry's leading suppliers of programming with more than 70 series currently in production across broadcast and cable networks, streaming services and other emerging platforms.
This individual is a teammate primarily responsible for carrying out specific audit assignments to verify that invoiced television program costs are in compliance with contract terms. This position works independently to verify costs, prepare work papers in support of work performed; discuss findings with and draft audit findings in audit reports:
• Perform cost verification audits of outside suppliers' production costs under the direction of the VP of audit, including planning and audit settlement. Typical audit assignments include cost verification of pilots and series, residuals, and special breakage deal reimbursements
• Document work performed in work papers and quantify audit exceptions
• Communicate audit findings to internal management and outside producers
• Draft and issue audit reports to internal management
• Assist in special project assignments as needed
• Willing to take action professional who needs minimal direct supervision to conduct contract compliance audits of television show costs. Responsibilities include analyzing legal contracts, verifying production costs, conducting detailed audit testing, and documenting audit issues and quantifying audit exceptions that will ultimately confirm or reduce invoiced show costs. Must be a self-starter, adaptable, persuasive and perceptive with superior communication skills.
Possess strong organizational, interpersonal and analytical skills, as well as a positive outlook. Specific skills required include:
• ability to accurately execute the fundamentals of auditing
• ability to analyze contractual terms and understand union rules and requirements
• strong administrative skills, including the ability to balance multiple assignments simultaneously
• ability to see a project through to completion and take job ownership
• good practical judgment and decision-making skills
• proficiency with excel spreadsheets
• intellectual curiosity and creativity
A minimum of two years' in an audit capacity (preferably in the media & entertainment industry but not required) and/or MBA, CPA or law degree.
EDUCATION BS or MS in Accounting from a competitive university required.
This position requires an inventive individual who's adaptable with a willingness to work independently on new and different projects simultaneously during the year. This person is very persuasive and persistent with strong communication skills, ability to learn all aspects of television production accounting, industry standards, union rules, contractual terminology and tax incentives.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-d87pym-18-205-192-201-42 in your application.