Full Time Job
Director, Franchise Management
- Full Time
- Senior (5-10 years) Experience
Job DescriptionOverview & Responsibilities:
The Star Trek Franchise Management team is responsible for setting and upholding branding standards, ensuring franchise values are upheld across consumer touchpoints, and creating and sustaining always-on fan engagement!
The Director of Franchise Management acts as the brand and franchise steward by aligning ongoing communication on strategy and coordination between all Star Trek franchise partners both internally and externally who create and sustain the forums, processes, and toolkit for best-in-class franchise coordination. The Director owns the ongoing development and health of franchisee collaboration tools – working with teams to grow the Star Trek franchise with its line-of-business partners to enrich the fandom.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
• Maintain health and utilization of franchise-led cross-divisional forums and support tools ensuring company-wide visibility and collaboration providing best-in-class coordinated franchise executions – with an awareness of company priorities and the competitive landscape
• Lead the creation of Franchise Planning toolkit elements and own the maintenance of brand integrated calendars, partner directories, franchise update communications, and others.
• Collaborate to aggregate and analyze consumer insights to inform Brand and Franchise planning in partnership with Research & Insights teams.
• Develop and improve efficiencies on processes and systems for collaboration.
• Partner with Brand Development and Fan Engagement teams to activate strategies and marketing programs.
• Manage key initiatives, projects, and analysis to support the brand, franchise, and company priorities.
• Partner with local market teams to align with brand and franchise priorities and support local initiatives, including reviewing proposals and marketing assets.
• Build relationships within CBS Studios as well as with Business Units and Territories including Paramount Consumer Products, Paramount Theatrical, Paramount Home Entertainment, Paramount Games and Emerging Media, Nickelodeon, and more.
• Bachelor's degree in business, marketing, or related field.
• Minimum of 8+ years of brand marketing/business strategy experience.
• High proficiency with Microsoft Office, especially Excel and PowerPoint. Keynote and Adobe Suite, including Photoshop, are a plus.
• Experience with multiple consumer touch-points across a franchise -e.g. consumer products, games, publishing, themed entertainment, etc.
• MBA in business, marketing, or related field.
• Experience with a movie studio and/or entertainment field.
• Experience with long-range business planning.
• Excellent verbal, presentation, written, and interpersonal communication skills with the ability to communicate effectively and tactfully with persons on all levels, in person and remotely (e.g., telepresence, video conference, etc.).
• Excellent judgment and discernment with the ability to influence and work effectively with senior-level executives.
• Proven track record in communicating and building consensus with all levels of staff, internal divisions, and external partners.
• Proven success in cross-divisional, collaborative roles with multiple partners.
• Sound understanding of strategy development, marketing principles, and brand management.
• Experience working with international teams.
• Knowledge of digital platforms and media marketing tools.
• Experience with consumer research and analysis is a plus.
• Critical thinking and problem-solving skills with a high level of intellectual curiosity that sparks communication, collaboration, and innovation.
• Strong ability to analyze data and provide recommendations based on insights.
• Highly organized and comfortable in a fast-paced environment, ability to prioritize large volume of projects, set and manage deadlines, and a self-starter.
• High attention to detail and understanding of written and oral instructions.
• Ability to work under pressure while maintaining a positive and productive demeanor.
• Ability to exercise discretion and maintain strict confidentiality in handling sensitive information and materials.
Paramount is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) including disability/vet.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-d9xjwk-3-235-65-220-42 in your application.
Find More Jobs Like This
ViacomCBS is a leading global media and entertainment company that creates premium content and experiences for audiences worldwide. Driven by iconic consumer brands, its portfolio includes CBS, Showtime Networks, Paramount Pictures, Nickelodeon, MTV, Comedy Central, BET, CBS All Access, Pluto TV and Simon & Schuster, among others.