Copy Editor, New York Magazine
Remote / Virtual
PopCulture.com is an entertainment media website for a generation passionate about larger than life celebrities and hungry for all kinds of entertainment news. PopCulture reaches 15M unique users each month and is the go-to source for all things television, celebrity, trending news, and entertainment culture.
The Writer will be primarily responsible for writing daily news desk articles that include but are not limited to reality tv news, celebrities, and general trending news. Since this is an evening and weekends role, the majority of content will be television-based. The writer will work with the PopCulture editorial and content team, in a fun and fast-paced media-centric agile environment. As a writer, you will be responsible for producing a set amount of articles each day while also being able to recognize content lanes that continue to grow PopCulture's influence in key areas.
• Collaborate with editorial team members to produce the best of the best content
• Consistently hit target content frequency goals daily, monthly
• Help seek out entertainment news items that will move the needle
• Understand data-based writing so that PopCulture can stay at the top of each news cycle
What you bring to the team:
• Bachelor's in Journalism, Communications, Online Media or equivalent
• 2+ years of professional experience, with a broad range of skills and experience in online content writing and distribution
• Strong understanding of reality tv, mainstream TV, celebrity culture, entertainment news and online trends
• Know the most current entertainment news cycles
• You have experience with fast-paced, but quality writing for the Internet
• Strong initiative and the ability for creative thinking as it relates to PopCulture news desk workflow and content production
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-d97q2m-3-214-224-207-42 in your application.