Motion Graphics Art Director
Los Angeles, CA
Senior Designer, Motion Design, Paramount+ (Remote)
Paramount+, a direct-to-consumer digital subscription video on-demand and live streaming service from ViacomCBS, combines live sports, breaking news, and a mountain of entertainment. The premium streaming service features an expansive library of original series, hit shows and popular movies across every genre from world-renowned brands and production studios, including BET, CBS, Comedy Central, MTV, Nickelodeon, Paramount Pictures and the Smithsonian Channel. The service is also the streaming home to unmatched sports programming, including every CBS Sports event, from golf to football to basketball and more, plus exclusive streaming rights for major sports properties, including some of the world's biggest and most popular soccer leagues. Paramount+ also enables subscribers to stream local CBS stations live across the US in addition to the ability to stream ViacomCBS Streaming's other live channels: CBSN for 24/7 news, CBS Sports HQ for sports news and analysis, and ET Live for entertainment coverage.
Overview & Responsibilities
We are recruiting for a Senior Motion Graphic Designer to work at Paramount+. They will work closely with the Design Directors and collaborate with designers across all media. A Senior Designer has the ability to solve complex design challenges and develop creative visual solutions.
The Senior Designer will support the development and implementation of the brand's multi-platform creative concepts and campaigns, design, and strategies across motion graphics. They will partner with colleagues to build motion designs and concepts in-house and help roll out those ideas cross-platform.
• Work closely and collaboratively with a variety of teams, including design executives, producers, video editors, UI designers, digital marketing designers, and project managers, all while helping to ensure creative is high-level and on-brand.
• Use detailed understanding of typography, composition, layout, color theory, and logo design to aid ViacomCBS needs.
• Coordinate and execute various design projects from concept through delivery. This includes larger ongoing design projects as well as shorter, simpler projects.
• Adept at working with internal clients to ensure successful implementation of projects, using tools from traffic and ticketing systems to creative briefs.
• Ability to work quickly and effectively under tight deadlines - without sacrificing design quality or overall creativity.
• Understand workflows in a complex design team, knowledge of files, formats, and platforms to support all design areas, principally motion and social, but also display and key art.
• Skilled at guiding, developing, and building strong cross-platform creative, from print, OOH, trailers and promos to social videos, graphic toolkits, sales presentations, interactive content, and more.
• Maintains awareness of new creative trends in design and digital media and a creative sensibility that extends across content genres.
• Able to work independently and manage several projects simultaneously.
• Support high-level projects that cover the full spectrum of ViacomCBS Digital Entertainment. This ever-changing digital space includes Paramount+, the CBS App, and CBS.com!
• This role also included pushing the boundaries and breaking new ground in the world of social marketing for Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter.
• Support all core design teams with logo ideation and execution
• Will bring life to internal decks, growing the design brand to all parts of the company!
• 5+ experience in digital, film or TV marketing and promotion, preferably at a streaming, broadcast or cable network, major studio or creative agency.
• A BA in Graphic Design
• An extensive background in and are extremely proficient with, Adobe Creative Suite and able to design quickly.
• A demonstrated ability to lead design teams.
• A high-level creative design background, with developed conceptual and design skills.
• A versatile design background and a great portfolio, website or reel that showcases a wide range of creative styles.
• Experience designing for interactive entertainment marketing.
ViacomCBS is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) including disability/vet.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-d91vnm-3-235-175-15-42 in your application.