New York, NY
CBS Television Network is one of America's flagship television network brands built around three premier programming divisions: CBS Entertainment, CBS News and CBS Sports. CBS was established in 1928, when founder William Paley purchased 16 independent radio stations and christened them the Columbia Broadcasting system.
We are currently searching for a Senior Counsel, ideally based in New York:
Overview & Responsibilities:
Senior Counsel for the Advertising, Global Sourcing and Enterprise Technology Team, serves both a transactional and advisory function across all ViacomCBS businesses. Responsibilities include review and negotiation of complex agreements and transactions and advising clients across myriad of topics, including enterprise technology, IT infrastructure, audiovisual production, broadcast distribution, advertising, information security, global privacy, information governance, and distribution technology.
Senior Counsel will (a) structure, draft and negotiate agreements for professional services, cloud services, enterprise software licenses, software-as-a-service, hardware procurement, telecommunications services, data processing, and general television production and distribution matters around news, sports, and entertainment; and (b) counsel a broad range of client groups across ViacomCBS global businesses.
• J.D. and minimum of 4 years of experience, within a relevant large law firm and/or media/technology company experience.
• New York Bar membership.
• Extensive and in-depth knowledge of cloud services, software licensing, information security, global privacy, internetworking, technology services and television/streaming required.
• Strong understanding of transactional law, privacy law, intellectual property laws, and the media and telecommunications ecosystem.
• Excellent drafting, negotiation, communication and organizational skills.
• Proficiency with Microsoft Office, Teams, Slack, SharePoint, and legal document management.
• Ability to multi-task and manage time to effectively handle a high volume of deals independently.
• Knowledge of television production, content distribution, and advanced advertising a plus.
• Ability to communicate complex legal topics effectively and clearly to internal stakeholders.
ViacomCBS is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) including disability/vet.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-d93yo9-3-233-219-62-42 in your application.