Project Manager, Curation / Data Content
Remote / Virtual
This a dynamic role that needs a hands-on, proactive representative. The right candidate will be able to spend time talking to our clients about the best practices for streaming live events, monitoring those live events, and troubleshooting any issues that may arise. You will also be asked to assist in explaining our production needs to vendors and other internal engineering teams. You must be a problem solver. Your Day-to-Day:
• Work closely with our clients to ensure the quality of their product and assist in keeping them updated on new practices and technologies
• Configure live events based on different methods of signal acquisition, along with partner specifications
• Interface with key partners, including but not limited to SIDEARM, CBS Sports production, and the PGA TOUR. Work with each to set up test events and to ensure live events are successful.
• Join AD Lines and trigger digital ads for various live products.
• Work together with a hard-working team of streaming specialists located around the nation as well as in Singapore and the UK.
• Provide technical direction and customer service for clients who are self-encoding live events. Serve as a technical point of contact during live events.
• Work closely with partners who have unique VOD needs that augment their live products.
• Build out live events and adhering to our guides and ensure content is distributed adequately
• Support and assist with live P+, CBS Sports, and other events as assigned/needed.
• Act as a tier two support operator and help provide support for the team and our clients
What you bring to the team: You have –
• At least 3 years in Live TV or a Live Streaming role, with an emphasis on live sporting events.
• Experience triggering ads for live sports events. Comfortable joining AD lines and providing countbacks to and from commercial breaks.
• Strong knowledge of OTT video distribution/contribution technology and architecture.
• Understanding of MVPD-based linear ecosystem and working knowledge of OTT video distribution technology/architecture.
• Familiarity with both cloud-based acquisition workflows and more traditional satellite/fiber workflows.
• Strong knowledge of live streaming workflows and encryption technologies.
• Impeccable communication skills with a commitment toward customer service/satisfaction.
• A passion for streaming live events, especially live sports
• A knowledge of AWS (Amazon Web Services) or other cloud services
• A knowledge of of Python coding
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-g34b39-44-192-65-228-42 in your application.
ViacomCBS delivers premium content to audiences across traditional and emerging platforms worldwide. Through television, streaming and digital content, studio production, publishing, live events, merchandise and more, we connect with billions of people.