CBS Sports, a year-round leader in television sports, broadcasts a portfolio of events on the CBS Television Network, including ''NFL ON CBS;'' college football, including the ''SEC ON CBS;'' college basketball, including the NCAA Division I Men's Basketball Championship; golf, including The Masters®, PGA Championship and PGA TOUR; and ''CBS SPORTS SPECTACULAR.''
In addition, the division includes CBS SPORTS NETWORK, the 24-hour home of CBS Sports, and produces ''INSIDE THE NFL'' for SHOWTIME. CBS Sports Digital's multi-platform offerings include CBSSports.com and the CBS Sports apps for mobile and connected TV devices; streaming sports news network CBS Sports HQ; 247Sports; MaxPreps; CBS Sports fantasy games; and SportsLine.
Do you have a passion for sports? Do you love to code? Do you have experience building web apps from the ground up? And did you win your fantasy league this past season (or at least give it a good run)? If you answered yes to all of the above, then CBS Sports may be looking for you! The CBS Sports Fantasy team is looking for an experienced senior web developer to build out the latest and greatest in fantasy gaming and content apps used by over a million people every month. To be successful at this job, you need to bring a winning attitude, UI/UX expertise, and excellent leadership skills.
Collaborate closely with product managers, user interface designers, platform engineers, and multiple groups to define and implement product features. Work with other technical teams to identify and build platform elements required to support key web product features.
• Collaborate with team members to build pixel perfect interactive features
• Provide engineering support to stakeholders, ensuring a high level of application availability and stability
• Stay up to date on emerging technologies
• Review code changes by other team members to ensure they meet requirements, are error free, and use best practices
• Deploy periodic site updates to QA, stage, and production environments
• Build from ground up and/or support existing applications for CBS Sports Fantasy Live Scoring and Draft experiences
• Optimize user interactions and flows for various parts of the product including roster management, player research, and content
• Develop new business-led features with an emphasis on performance and user experience
What you bring to the team:
You have -
• Bachelor's in Computer Science or equivalent preferred
• Minimum 5 years of Web Development experience, with 2+ years of experience in React
• Minimum of 2 years of experience building UI/UX from the ground up based on designs provided
• Proven experience developing web applications in Perl, PHP, Python, Ruby
• You stay plugged into emerging technologies by attending conferences, meet-ups and user groups
• Ability to architect and debug complex systems.
• Extensive experience using REST APIs and JSON data
• Experience using a CSS preprocessor like Sass, LESS, or Stylus
• Familiarity with using version control systems. (Git)
You might also have -
• Excellent understanding of Object Oriented Programming and Design
• Strong initiative and the ability for creative thinking with product development staff plus the ability to work in a collaborative, innovative, flexible and team-oriented environment
• Worked in an AWS, GPC, or Azure environment before
• Familiarity with CDNs such as Akamai or Fastly
• A love for sports, fantasy sports and/or sports gaming
ViacomCBS is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) including disability/vet.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-r7e6m8-3-238-232-88-42 in your application.