Overview & Responsibilities
We are seeking a Senior Director of Broadcast Distribution Engineering & Operations to join the Production & Broadcast Operations team. This person will be responsible for delivering high-quality and efficient broadcast network television transmission and interconnection systems for the Networks of CBS. You will collaborate closely with internal production clients and engineers to conceptualize, construct, and implement groundbreaking technologies for program contribution and distribution, tailored to meet the diverse and multifaceted content needs of CBS. You will take charge of supervising the internal global Video and Data WANs, interlinking CBS's production and News facilities, as well as remote venues that facilitate contribution interconnections for Sports & Entertainment. You will play a pivotal role as a catalyst in realizing Paramount Tech's vision of revolutionizing the broadcast industry through the introduction of innovative and scalable solutions.
This position is responsible for:
• Oversee the CBS New York Distribution operations and ensure timely and effective resolution of any issues.
• Optimize the performance and reliability of all technical systems involved in Distribution & Signal Intake.
• Coordinate with Technical Maintenance teams to provide support and guidance for debugging and repairing distribution systems.
• Analyze daily logs and call reports from Affiliate stations to identify and address any Network delivery problems.
• Monitor and report on key performance indicators for system performance, maintenance, and resolution.
• Liaise with CBS Sports & News to understand and fulfill their daily, weekly, and special event needs.
• Lead and mentor other CBS Production Operations & Engineering team members to align with priorities and standard processes, and to achieve or surpass department and business key performance indicators.
• Day-to-day operations and management of Union and Non-Union 24x7 operating departments.
• Define, engineer & test improved transmission efficiency.
• Project involves refresh and improvements to Affiliate distribution systems. Including system M&C, metrics, and management.
• Affiliate Distribution System Nextgen System scope and definition.
• Research, propose, prototype, specify and deploy an IP based Internet or Private Line IP delivery solution to Affiliates.
• Conversion of core facilities and systems to support an IP based infrastructure migration.
• Collaborate in designing and implementing new intra- and inter-facility transmission facilities.
• Digital Transformation of Broadcast Distribution operational systems.
• 10+ years of experience in distribution transmission engineering & operations.
• Proficient in Cloud-based solutions, demonstrating expertise in the methods for application standup and deployment of distribution technologies using CDN or similar terrestrial solutions.
• Display creative thinking, as well as strong problem-solving, time-management, interpersonal, and communication skills.
• Hold a BSEE/BSCE or other engineering degrees. Relevant work experience in lieu of a degree will also be considered.
• Experience in building full time video & data service networks.
• On-site experience at remote venues, in both Sports and News situations
• Ability to efficiently run multiple threads of projects.
• Experience in technical writing and design documentation
• Portfolio of successful media facility projects designed and deployed.
• Certification in AWS Cloud Systems is highly desirable but not mandatory.
• Certification in Cisco Enterprise, and/or Security levels is highly desirable but not mandatory.
CBS, a subsidiary of Paramount Global, creates and distributes industry-leading content across a variety of platforms to audiences around the world. The Company has businesses with origins that date back to the dawn of the broadcasting age as well as new ventures that operate on the leading edge of media. It includes some of the industry's most successful and popular brands and businesses: CBS Television Network, CBS News and Stations, CBS Sports, CBS Studios, CBS Media Ventures and CBS digital properties.
Hiring Salary Range: $180,000.00 - 240,000.00.
The hiring salary range for this position applies to New York, California, Colorado, Washington state, and most other geographies. Starting pay for the successful applicant depends on a variety of job-related factors, including but not limited to geographic location, market demands, experience, training, and education. The benefits available for this position include medical, dental, vision, 401(k) plan, life insurance coverage, disability benefits, tuition assistance program and PTO or, if applicable, as otherwise dictated by the appropriate Collective Bargaining Agreement. This position is bonus eligible.
Paramount is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) including disability/vet.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gk6y5k-100-26-196-222-42 in your application.