Software Engineer, CBS Sports Digital (REMOTE/Freelance)
We are seeking a skilled software engineer experienced in building highly scalable, innovative web services in a continuous delivery model on cloud platforms. In this role, you will team up with leads and other team members to build out a technical vision aimed at realizing the future of sports. You will join a team of engineers and product owners passionate about solving intriguing problems.
• Building new foundational capabilities using domain-driven design and test-driven development that will power features and experiences on various CBS Sports properties
• Developing the tools and processes used to increase the speed of software delivery while reducing the cost of implementation
• Participate in scrum ceremonies - daily stand-ups, grooming and sprint planning
• Practice DevOps, write good tests and deploy continuously to prod with monitoring
• Review your teammate's design, code, provide constructive feedback and engage in good technical discussions including weekly deep dive sessions
• Work with your product partners to develop technical solutions for features
• Build from the ground up or and/or support existing applications for CBSSports Digital Products
• Build a set of tools to support various CBSSports Digital Product needs.
• Build a tool to generate graphics for various FAST channels that integrates with various APIs.
• Adapt and optimize current systems for deployment on cloud-based infrastructure
• Keep platform updated with latest GraphQL and React features
• Refactor various parts of the site to be more efficient and build sharable components
• BS Computer Science, Engineering, a related technical degree, or equivalent professional experience
• You're a problem solver; you embrace getting your hands dirty with unfamiliar technologies
• Strong initiative and the ability for creative thinking for product development with the ability to work in a collaborative, innovative, agile and team-oriented environment
• Experience working with a microservices architecture using AWS API Gateway, AWS Lambda, and DynamoDB
• Ability to design and debug complex systems.
• Proven experience using REST APIs, GraphQL, and JSON data
• Worked with agile processes
• Familiarity with using version control systems. (Git)
You might also have:
• You possess strong initiative and the ability for creative thinking with product development staff plus the ability to work in a collaborative, innovative, flexible and team-oriented environment
• You have excellent understanding of Object Oriented Programming and Design
• You love sports, fantasy sports and/or sports gaming
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
CBS Sports, a year-round leader in cross-platform sports coverage, broadcasts a portfolio of events on the CBS Television Network, including THE NFL ON CBS; college football, including the SEC ON CBS; college basketball, including the NCAA Division I Men's Basketball Championship; golf, including The Masters®, PGA Championship and PGA TOUR; soccer, including the UEFA Champions League and NWSL; and CBS SPORTS SPECTACULAR.
In addition, the division includes CBS SPORTS NETWORK, the 24-hour cable home of CBS Sports which televises live sports programming throughout the year, including college football and basketball games, UEFA Champions League and Europa League action, Italy's Serie A matches, Concacaf national team competitions, as well as a full slate of original programming and studio coverage.
CBS Sports also delivers an extensive lineup of global soccer coverage on Paramount+, including every UEFA club competition match, all Serie A matches as well as Concacaf national team competitions, and produces INSIDE THE NFL for Paramount+. CBS Sports Digital's multi-platform offerings include CBSSports.com and the CBS Sports apps for mobile and connected TV devices; the 24/7 streaming sports news network CBS Sports HQ; 247Sports; MaxPreps; CBS Sports fantasy games; and SportsLine.
Paramount is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) including disability/vet.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rj4040-44-200-77-92-42 in your application.