Media Manager, CBS Sports Digital (Freelance)
CBS Sports, a year-round leader in cross-platform sports coverage, broadcasts a portfolio of events on the CBS Television Network, including THE NFL ON CBS; college football, including the SEC ON CBS; college basketball, including the NCAA Division I Men's Basketball Championship; golf, including The Masters®, PGA Championship and PGA TOUR; soccer, including the UEFA Champions League and NWSL; and CBS SPORTS SPECTACULAR.
In addition, the division includes CBS SPORTS NETWORK, the 24-hour cable home of CBS Sports which televises live sports programming throughout the year, including college football and basketball games, UEFA Champions League and Europa League action, Italy's Serie A matches, Concacaf national team competitions, as well as a full slate of original programming and studio coverage.
CBS Sports also delivers an extensive lineup of global soccer coverage on Paramount+, including every UEFA club competition match, all Serie A matches as well as Concacaf national team competitions, and produces INSIDE THE NFL for Paramount+. CBS Sports Digital's multi-platform offerings include CBSSports.com and the CBS Sports apps for mobile and connected TV devices; the 24/7 streaming sports news network CBS Sports HQ; 247Sports; MaxPreps; CBS Sports fantasy games; and SportsLine.
Overview & Responsibilities:
The successful candidate will be an individual who embraces new technology, and is resourceful at developing new ideas for improving media asset management! The individual must be able to thrive in a fast paced sports environment meeting deadlines while maintaining the highest quality of broadcast standards. They will provide frontline, hands on support for multiple clients (Production, News and Engineering) using a customer service approach, and following procedures for documentation and escalation. Candidate will be responsible for day-to-day management of digital media on shared servers and overseeing media pushed into on air playback systems.
• Minimum 3 years working in electronic Sports/news gathering in field operations
• Minimum 3 years In-depth experience with both Mac and Windows platforms
• Knowledge of broadcast Sports/news workflows and technology: non-linear editing using post production software, Video ingest, video playback systems and file storage, as well as transcoding of different video formats
• Must be a team-player with strong interpersonal skills, ability to collaborate with all levels of management and user community
• Self-starter who demonstrates initiative and ability to work independently with little supervision
• Able to quickly learn a broad array of technologies and apply that knowledge to real-world problems
• Effective performer under aggressive timelines and high-pressure situations
• Extensive experience working under deadlines with a major-market Sports/News Department
• In-depth experience ingesting, trimming, migrating, playing out and archiving sports/news material
• Knowledge of Video server storage devices, and file transfers protocols.
• Ability to prioritize tasks and meet deadlines
• Excellent root-cause analysis and problem-solving skills!
How to apply:
• Interested candidates must submit a resume/CV through VIACOMCBS JOB POSTING SITE to be considered
• Willingness to travel and work outside standard hours, Holidays and on weekends with short notice
• Must be 18 years or older
• Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States
Paramount is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) including disability/vet.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-d9jpz9-3-236-209-138-42 in your application.