Digital Support Engineer (Freelance)
CBS Sports, a year-round leader in cross-platform sports coverage, broadcasts a portfolio of events on the CBS Television Network, including THE NFL ON CBS; college football, including the SEC ON CBS; college basketball, including the NCAA Division I Men's Basketball Championship; golf, including The Masters®, PGA Championship and PGA TOUR; soccer, including the UEFA Champions League and NWSL; and CBS SPORTS SPECTACULAR.
In addition, the division includes CBS SPORTS NETWORK, the 24-hour cable home of CBS Sports which televises live sports programming throughout the year, including college football and basketball games, UEFA Champions League and Europa League action, Italy's Serie A matches, Concacaf national team competitions, as well as a full slate of original programming and studio coverage.
CBS Sports also delivers an extensive lineup of global soccer coverage on Paramount+, including every UEFA club competition match, all Serie A matches as well as Concacaf national team competitions, and produces INSIDE THE NFL for Paramount+. CBS Sports Digital's multi-platform offerings include CBSSports.com and the CBS Sports apps for mobile and connected TV devices; the 24/7 streaming sports news network CBS Sports HQ; 247Sports; MaxPreps; CBS Sports fantasy games; and SportsLine.
Overview & Responsibilities:
Digital aware, technology-driven person looking to work with a fast-paced growing group, strong communication, and organizational skills are vital: you will be responsible for working with a newly formed technology team actively supporting an expanding broadcast facility and our new Cloud Master Control capabilities.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
• Support Live Studio and Master control environments that run multiple rooms and shows simultaneously.
• Comfortable working in a fast-paced live environment running, live games and live studio shows.
• Possess a variety of skills to troubleshoot; On-Air, In Person, Telephone/Email Support, Control Room operations.
• Work with engineering team to install, maintain and upgrade production and master control systems.
• Be a problem solver and possess ability to communicate complex principles in non-technical terms.
• Update engineering documents and diagrams.
• Maintain a solid working knowledge of newly deployed technologies.
• 3 + years of experience with TV/Production specific experience is a plus.
• Strong knowledge of technical TV production equipment (including Ross switchers, GV routers, Sony cameras, Calrec/Yahama audio boards, and RTS intercoms).
• Strong IT technology topics such as networking, windows operating systems, Linux and mac is a must.
• Willingness/flexibility with hours (this role includes evenings, nights and weekends) is focused around support of live events.
• Experience with Amazon Web Services, Microsoft Azure or GCP are a plus!
Paramount is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) including disability/vet.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-g3n7zn-34-239-173-144-42 in your application.