Data Engineer/Scientist (Freelance/REMOTE)
CBS Sports, a year-round leader in cross-platform sports coverage, broadcasts a portfolio of events on the CBS Television Network, including THE NFL ON CBS; college football, including the SEC ON CBS; college basketball, including the NCAA Division I Men's Basketball Championship; golf, including The Masters®, PGA Championship and PGA TOUR; soccer, including the UEFA Champions League and NWSL; and CBS SPORTS SPECTACULAR.
In addition, the division includes CBS SPORTS NETWORK, the 24-hour cable home of CBS Sports which televises live sports programming throughout the year, including college football and basketball games, UEFA Champions League and Europa League action, Italy's Serie A matches, Concacaf national team competitions, as well as a full slate of original programming and studio coverage.
CBS Sports also delivers an extensive lineup of global soccer coverage on Paramount+, including every UEFA club competition match, all Serie A matches as well as Concacaf national team competitions, and produces INSIDE THE NFL for Paramount+. CBS Sports Digital's multi-platform offerings include CBSSports.com and the CBS Sports apps for mobile and connected TV devices; the 24/7 streaming sports news network CBS Sports HQ; 247Sports; MaxPreps; CBS Sports fantasy games; and SportsLine.
**Position is open to REMOTE work as well**
We are seeking a skilled data engineer experienced in building highly scalable, innovative web services with data streaming and big data technology along with machine learning in a continuous delivery model on cloud platforms. In this role, you will team up with leads and architects to build out a technical vision aimed at realizing the future of sport. You will join a team of engineers and product owners passionate about solving intriguing problems.
• Building new foundational capabilities using domain-driven design and test-driven development that will power features and experiences on various CBS Sports properties
• Developing the tools and processes used across CBS Sports to increase the speed of software delivery while reducing the cost of implementation
• Participate in scrum ceremonies - daily stand-ups, grooming and sprint planning
• Practice DevOps, write good tests and deploy continuously to prod with monitoring
• Review your teammate's design, code, provide constructive feedback and engage in good technical discussions including weekly deep dive sessions
• Work with your product partners to develop technical solutions for features
• Crafting and building out a core data layer to power all of CBS Sports Digital products that ingests, process and store data from hundreds of sources over different transports
• Building out an API data store for clients to consume and build custom data
• Define a distributed tracing system for web services and data observability
• Containerization of core systems to reduce overhead of infrastructure management
What you bring to the team:
You have –
• Experience in microservice architecture, RESTful services enabling real-time data consumption
• Applicable big data experience working with streaming services such as Kinesis, Kafka, RabbitMQ along with hadoop and data processing frameworks such as Spark, Hive, Nifi, Flink, AWS Lambda
• Experience working with relational, NoSQL data stores such as Aurora, Elasticsearch, DynamoDB, MongoDB and SQL Analytical functions
• Hands-on experience in a distributed/cloud-based environment (AWS preferred) with high transaction volumes
• Proficient with DevOps, modern build strategies, continuous integration, unit testing and automated integration test, version control systems (GIT, SVN), issue tracking tools (Jira) & CI/CD related tools such as Jenkins, Bamboo
• BS Computer Science, Engineering, a related technical degree, or equivalent professional experience
You might also have –
• AWS Certifications - Associates or Professional
• Experience at an online company in digital media or content creation
• Excellent teammate and communicator capable of creating positive relationships across engineering, product and architecture
• Energetic self-starter who can work in a complex collaborative environment that rewards experiments, initiative, curiosity and mentoring
• Ability to define solutions, provide estimates of effort, risk and evaluate technical feasibility
Paramount is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) including disability/vet.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-dy9b0q-44-200-171-156-42 in your application.