Senior Style and Commerce Editor, Men's Health
New York, NY
Overview & Responsibilities:
Our team is looking for a writer who thrives in a fast-paced, dynamic work environment. We want somebody with a good working knowledge of college football, comfortable writing for CBSSports.com and appearing on video for CBS Sports HQ! In this role, the writer will play a key role in shaping our content strategy as well as covering the world of college football.
Specific Responsibilities include, but not limited to:
• Help identify relevant and important to our college football audience
• Cover the sport from a factual and analytical standpoint through news analysis, columns, video segments
• Formulate informed and entertaining analysis and commentary off the sport's latest news and hottest topics
• Serve as a resource for multi-platform discussion about any related topics
• Forecast and anticipate trends in audience interest and consumption habits
• Work on fueling the publication of college football-related items on CBSSports.com and the daily video content efforts on CBS Sports HQ
• Write features that can range from fun and quirky to deeply analytical to informative
• Appear on videos, TV shows and podcasts, representing CBS Sports as our expert analyst
• Bachelor's degree in journalism or a communications-related field (or equivalent training & experience)
• 2 years+ working in a journalism-related field
• Experience working with Content Management Systems
• Experience working with Photoshop or similar programs preferred
• Experience appearing on-air for live and taped video segments
• A strong portfolio of prior work in a similar field
• Developed contacts within the college football community
• Demonstrated ability for strategic editorial thinking
• Schedule flexibility and the ability to work weekends, particularly during college football season from September through January
ViacomCBS is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) including disability/vet.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rekq47-3-236-84-188-42 in your application.