Software Engineer - Video (Remote)
The CBS Entertainment Group, a subsidiary of ViacomCBS, creates and distributes industry-leading content across a variety of platforms to audiences around the world. The Company has businesses with origins that date back to the dawn of the broadcasting age as well as new ventures that operate on the leading edge of media. It includes some of the industry's most successful and popular brands and businesses: CBS Television Network, CBS News and Stations, CBS Sports, CBS Studios, CBS Media Ventures and CBS digital properties.
We are the Video Operations and Streaming team, responsible for supporting the video delivery and architecture of VOD and Live content streamed on over 15 platforms for Paramount+. Our team is also responsible for the encoding and delivery of premium content to millions of users every day!
We are seeking a Software Engineer who will help drive our system's evolution to join our team. The role will be an integral part of the Video Streaming and Operations team, working with video tech engineers to build and release products for various platforms. The candidate will also be responsible for maintaining and developing our media payload ingestion API.
• Work with other engineers to modernize, maintain and scale our media payload ingestion infrastructure and workflows.
• Work with publishing teams to gather requirements and support media asset ingestion processes
• Build clean and reusable code to be used across our cloud-based microservices
• Encourage an engineering culture that promotes test-driven development and code coverage
• Additional other duties and responsibilities, as assigned
• Build out microservices for our cloud (AWS/GCP) video processing workflows.
• Evolve and automate asset ingestion pipeline.
• Automating SVOD video delivery pipeline
• Work with development teams on re-architecture/modernizing existing systems into the cloud.
• Work with the development team on a central logging and monitoring solution like New Relic, Datadog, Sumologic etc.
What you bring to the team:
You have –
• 3+ years of experience as a Software Engineer
• Experience with REST API
• Experience in OOP and with application development for cloud-based microservices
• Experience with Docker and containerization technologies
• Experience working with Cloud/SaaS services such as Amazon AWS, Google Cloud or Azure
• Experience in programming languages such as PHP, Python, Go
• Strong written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills
You might also have –
• Experience working with video codecs: H264, HEVC, AV1, VP9.
• Experience with video broadcasting and streaming media standards
• Experience with Node.js and React.js
• Experience with Kubernetes
• BS degree in Computer Science, similar technical field of study or equivalent practical experience
ViacomCBS is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) including disability/vet.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rezb57-34-239-160-86-42 in your application.