Program Accounting Manager
New York, NY
Responsibilities include preparing financial reports, account reconciliations, maintaining the general ledger and performing other accounting duties as assigned for CBS Operations & Engineering and Multiplatform Distribution. Additionally, as we start to become more functionally aligned and move away from just divisional focus in the Controllership organization, this position will have the potential to cross over and see more across all divisions, including for example, CBS News division.
• Ensure the integrity of accounting information by recording, verifying and entering journal entries.
• Prepare and record asset, liability, revenue and expense journal entries by compiling and analyzing account information.
• Fixed recurring and non-recurring monthly entries
• Union Contributions accrual
• Revenue Accruals
• Intercompany Transfers
• Prepare quarterly schedules sent to Corporate Accounting
• Reconcile daily and weekly MediaPulse (Production Billing System) activity to the GL
• Prepare balance sheet account reconciliations
• Prepare annual Federal tax packages sent to Corporate Tax department
• Serve as a business partner across Controllership and FP&A teams
• Bachelor's degree in Accounting
• 3+ years of professional accounting experience
• Professional certification as a Certified Public Accountant (CPA) a plus but not required
• Knowledge of accounting principles, standards and practices
• Experience with general ledger functions and month end/year end close process
• Strong written and verbal communication skills
• Solid organization and analytical skills
• Accuracy and high attention to detail
• Proficiency with Excel, Word, Outlook etc.
• Ability to work independently and as a member of a team
• Ability to effectively manage time and meet deadlines
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rz5z27-18-204-2-146-42 in your application.