QA Analytics Engineer
This is a QA Engineer with a focus on Mobile Automation for Paramountplus.com and ViacomCBS. Are you interested in new media, social activities and television? Paramount Plus is developing the next generation of multimedia and cross-platform entertainment. The team at paramountplus.com values software which exemplifies simplicity of design, maintainability and foundational robustness.
As a QA Engineer, you are expected to think critically and ensure quality throughout the automation system. The ideal candidate will work with developers, product managers, QA team members, and operations team members to ensure deliverables are timely and meet expectations. This role requires the ability to facilitate and manage mobile automation processes including code quality and making overarching technical decisions, as well as managing the QA Engineers already working in the automation team.
• Configure and maintain the automation framework for across several mobile and OTT platforms
• Help prioritize incoming issues and document steps to reproduce, as well as observed and typical system behavior
• Actively participate in daily standups and sprint planning, with an emphasis on optimizing testing cycles/resources with product and development teams to deliver shippable features
• Coordinate with the rest of the QA team to define and develop solutions that can be automated and improve overall QA processes
• Coordinate with various internal and external partners to continually improve and prioritize tasks to achieve long-term, scalable automation architecture
• Review requirements, specifications and technical design documents to provide timely and meaningful feedback
• Participate in all phases of the software development process, including analyzing requirements, developing test plans, test cases, and execution of test scripts
• Additional other duties and responsibilities, as assigned
• Maintain and expand the current QA automation architecture and test case coverage
• Building a scalable QA architecture to handle increasing number of builds and platforms
• Develop more efficient ways to complete full regressions across several builds
What you bring to the team:
You have –
• BS Computer Science, Engineering, a related technical degree, or equivalent professional experience
• Scripting experience in Java
• Experience automating Android and iOS devices
• 3+ years of experience with a variety of different testing techniques such as UI Testing, Automated Testing, and Test Driven Development Strategies
• Experience with API testing with one or more tools (Postman, SoapUI Pro, or some equivalent service layer testing tool)
• Experience with UI automation tools like Roku WebDriver, Selenium, Appium, SmartBear TestComplete, etc.
• Experience with Jenkins, Docker and automated QA pipelines
• Experience setting up integrated frameworks that include Web, Mobile, Native and OTT platforms
• Experience in creation and execution of comprehensive product test plans, test cases and scripts
• Experience with cloud computing services, like GCP or AWS
• Experience in using network tools like Charles Proxy, Wireshark, or some equivalent tool
• Experience with Spring-Boot and TestNG framework
• Knowledge of professional software engineering practices & standard methodologies for the full software development process, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations
• Experience in communicating with users, other technical teams, and management to collect requirements, describe software product features, and technical designs
• Strong desire to deliver an excellent customer experience
• Experience with automated end-to-end testing using open source test tools like Selenium/Webdriver, Roku WebDriver and Appium
• Strong Understanding of REST and demonstrated experience with web services APIs
• Experience working with SDETs to create automation strategy and follow through to create and execute automated test scripts
• Using TestRail or any equivalent test case management tool
ViacomCBS is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) including disability/vet.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-d5knp1-3-215-79-116-42 in your application.