The Product Operations team in the Applied Machine Learning Group (AMLG) focuses on reliability and optimization of our consumer products.
This work includes how we distribute content metadata, features and recommendations to our stack in support of personalization. This also includes defining, shaping, and changing the fundamental dynamics of personalization and search to create a compelling and cohesive experience for users to share and grow knowledge.
About the Role:
At ViacomCBS, we believe that fostering a strong engineering culture and inclusive teams is the key to building a great company and product.
As a manager in the Product Operations Engineering group, you will lead and grow a team that owns end-to-end engineering operations and maintenance for core user-facing product initiatives.
You'll work closely with product leaders to plan, prioritize, and deliver reliability and maintenance of products that delight our growing customer base on Paramount+.
Feature maintenance from the ground up for products like personalization and content metadata, to enable accessible knowledge sharing for all our machine learning processes.
Operational and reliability development that is usable across our codebases.
Build and grow our MLOps platform services for reliability, scalability and performance.
Build and grow our Search stack for performance and reliability
• Lead and grow a team of product operations software engineers to deliver high-impact projects in a consumer-facing domain.
• Mentor and guide the professional and technical development of team members.
• Collaborate with Product Management, Design, Cloud Architecture, and Engineering Leads to shape the team roadmap and ensure successful execution towards our strategy.
• Work with the Engineering management team to develop new initiatives and improve existing processes/testing/monitoring across the entire Engineering team.
• Work with Recruiting to grow the team, including sourcing, interviewing, branding, and onboarding.
What you bring to the team:
• Ability to be available for meetings and impromptu communication during AMLG's ''coordination hours'' (Mon-Fri: 9am-3pm Pacific Time).
• 2+ years of software engineering experience architecting, building, and scaling user-facing products
• 1+ years of direct people management experience in a technology company
• Strong understanding of either distributed systems and scalability, and/or of the web applications stack
• Strong experience with Cloud development, GCP, AWS, Azure
• Strong organizational and project management skills
• Demonstrated history of exceptional mentorship and people development skills
You might also have -
• 4+ years of software engineering experience architecting, building, and scaling user-facing products
• 2+ years of direct people management experience in a technology company
• Familiarity with Python, and MySQL or similar relational databases, BigQuery, and Kubernetes
• Work experience with Google Cloud Platform
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rjq2p1-3-238-95-208-42 in your application.