Video Streaming Ops Analyst
New York, NY
Overview and Responsibilities:
The Video Technology Group develops industry-leading online, mobile and OTT video delivery systems. Our team is responsible for building and maintaining video encoding, packaging, and delivery platforms for on-demand, live, and virtual-live streaming workflows along with corresponding integrations with the player, CMS, and publishing pipelines.
We set company-wide video standards and help internal business units integrate the video delivery stack into their specific online products. Additionally, the team serves as the company's information resource on current and future trends in digital video. This is a phenomenal opportunity for someone who is interested in doing high-visibility, mission-critical work!
The Video Technology Group works across the entire video ecosystem to enable all ViacomCBS business units to deliver high-quality video through the use of ground breaking technologies in order to maximize user engagement and revenue.
We are looking for a Technical Program Manager who is passionate about large scale video ecosystems and cares about the discovery, design, and delivery of best-in-class consumer applications. You'll be responsible for partnering with VTG leadership and stakeholders of digital video infrastructure across ViacomCBS. Does this sound like you?
• Deliver, and measure progress against OKRs for the player in service of the larger organizational and company-wide OKRs
• Serve as the customer voice in development ceremonies
• Partner with stakeholders while serving as the platform/product evangelist for the products within your domain
• Own critical product metrics. Measure and improve upon QoS / QoE metrics
• Close feature gaps and strengthening the value propositions through competitive analysis
• Manage priority shifts, dependency/sequence considerations, and sprint injections
• Keep internal and external partners informed of roadmaps
• Negotiate priority, sequence and scope of delivery while optimizing business value
• Take initiative and proactively find ways to remove barriers in moving initiatives forward to drive customer adoption
• Support the roll out of the player in the US domestic market and internationally
• Work with Brands and TV OEM manufacturers to unlock premium playback capabilities like HDR and Dolby Atmos
• Standardizing API's and event workflows across application platforms
• Experience with end to end product delivery leading complex media, technology or product launches in the consumer software industry
• 10+ years as a product manager, technical program manager, or related engineering or operations role
• Streaming video acumen: video compression, AAC video and audio codec standards, live and VOD content delivery, packaging formats, signal acquisition protocols and http streaming formats (HLS/DASH)
• Experience with Video Monetization workflows (Google DAI, Freewheel)
• Knowledge of Video Analytics and QOS systems and vendors (Conviva, NPAW)
• Familiarity working with GitHub projects and ''Aha!'' product road-mapping software is a plus
• Strong technical acumen, fundamental knowledge of key cloud technologies and tools (AWS, Azure, Docker, GCP, Terraform, Kubernetes)
ViacomCBS is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) including disability/vet.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rzny4n-3-236-212-116-42 in your application.