Social Media Producer, Face the Nation (DC)
Face the Nation is seeking a Social Media Producer in Washington, DC!
The ideal candidate will be fluent in the best practices of Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and TikTok as proven by their active social media profiles and portfolio of work. They understand the most current content strategies used by these platforms and be equipped to create videos, articles, headlines and share language that best play to each of those platform's strategies.
Candidates need a proven ability to adjust strategy based on social data and changes to the various social algorithms. They have experience with writing, video production and have a strong understanding of political policy nuances to ensure that we are always framing quotes from the program with the utmost accuracy. They also have a proven ability to identify the most shareable and newsworthy nuggets from televised content, then quickly spin them into social assets in a way that they are simultaneously optimized and shareable, yet accurately contextualized and on brand. They are proactive in pitching new ideas and making the most of their shift to ensure that we are creating innovative and effective promotional content for every week's show. And they need to be able and willing to work newsroom hours, which may include early mornings, weekends, holidays and late nights for political tentpole events.
The duties of the Social Media Producer will include, but will not be limited to:
• Translating Face The Nation television segments into shorter social videos tailored specifically to Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and TikTok
• Identifying the best soundbites, then optimizing them for each platform
• Using social listening tools to inform social language and imagery choices
• Producing and editing shareable videos and quote graphics
• Proactively monitoring which political and foreign affairs stories are trending online and using that knowledge to inform decisions
• Composing social headlines and share language consistent with the CBS News brand
• Offering show leadership and talent mentorship on which segments covered in the show are currently trending on social media
• 3 to 5 years of social media or newsroom experience
• Strong social media and writing skills with demonstrated portfolio of published work
• Ability to multitask
• Great teammate who is able to work with a diverse group of people
• Deep familiarity with social media audiences, best practices and analytics
• Video editing experience
• Ability to work well with others under tight deadlines
• Degree in journalism, communications or related
• Strong news judgment and instincts
• Be able to work nights, weekends and holidays
Paramount is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) including disability/vet.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rb266y-3-227-251-94-42 in your application.