We are seeking a Senior Counsel with a working knowledge of, and great interest in, news and media law, transactions and digital distribution. The news review and transactions group is a fast paced environment requiring experience, quick and creative thinking, swift and sound risk assessment and fine judgment. The Senior Counsel will work with an experienced team of collegial and dedicated lawyers and will advise an array of journalists at the top of their craft as they produce daily, weekly and special news programming for all platforms. The Senior Counsel will advise on all aspects of newsgathering, content review and post-publication matters, and will be responsible for contract drafting and review.
• JD degree with excellent academic credentials
• At least 5 years' experience in news review and media law and/or litigation; some contract drafting and review, in areas such as digital distribution (including streaming), technology and content licensing, production and services agreements; experience with IP issues
• Admission to the New York Bar preferred
• Passion for news and keeping public informed
• Excellent interpersonal and organizational skills
• Excellent oral and written communication skills
• Excellent negotiation skills
• Flexibility and willingness to work on a broad variety of legal matters
• Ability to efficiently and effectively handle multiple projects with minimal day-to-day oversight/direction
• Ability to work and thrive in a fast-paced environment and to perform well in a deadline driven environment while performing multiple tasks for a diverse and hardworking client base
ViacomCBS is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) including disability/vet.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rjqv11-3-230-144-31-42 in your application.