Advertising on all formats is being reinvented through new business models and the combination of big data, predictive analytics, optimization and other modern data science and analysis techniques. ViacomCBS advanced advertising group is at the forefront of this reinvention of advertising and is currently looking for key new individuals to join our team!
The Product Science and Analytics team is looking for a Junior Data Scientist. In this role, you will need to gain an understanding of our platform, including the predictive, simulation, and optimization models that power it – as well as how those models impact our underlying business. You will be expected to monitor and maintain existing prediction, optimization, and simulation engines. You will also implement custom queries against our data warehouse, run statistical data analyses, and other types of analyses related to platform performance. You will work closely with a dedicated science and software engineering team, as well as key operational teams, to validate and ensure platform KPI performance!
Overview and Responsibilities:
• Work with data scientists, data engineers, and software engineers to deliver analysis aimed at underlying business objectives
• Execute data driven methodologies to improve product performance and capability
• Monitor and maintain platform health, as determined by Vantage business leadership
• Ensure technical approaches taken by the Science and Analysis team are appropriate for their objective and underlying data structure
• Brainstorm new functionality and features for future platform improvements
• Work with semi-technical and non-technical business units in delivering actionable insights from large data sets
• Passion for problem-solving and the ability to find answers to difficult questions – the sort of answers that others might struggle to find
• Acute attention to detail, strong critical thinking skills, and excellent time management skills
• Experience working with production data science systems
• Proficiency with extracting insights from large data sets and communicating the results to non-technical staff
• Highly proficient in Excel (advanced formulas, pivot tables) and PowerPoint
• Comfortable programming in Python and SQL
• Basic grasp of relational database structures and data management
• Familiarity with cloud-based infrastructure (Amazon Web Services) or Unix/Linux based systems.
• Bachelor's Degree in a STEM field with 2+ years professional experience in data analytics, media tech or ad tech -OR- Master's/Ph.D. in a STEM field.
• Experience in media at an agency, network, or ad-tech firm with a fundamental understanding of digital, addressable, programmatic and/or television advertising
• Experience working in a team environment
• Strong written and oral communication skills, including experience building and leading presentations
• A committed, entrepreneurial approach to building businesses within a fast-paced environment focused on changing the way partners perceive our brand and our product
ViacomCBS is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) including disability/vet.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gw9o8p-54-80-173-217-42 in your application.