Art Director (CBS News New York)
CBS News New York has a fantastic opportunity for a creative Art Director. We are looking for a dynamic multifaceted leader with a strong design foundation that thrives in high pressure situations and tight deadlines. As our Art Director you will report directly to the Creative Director and work with our Senior Design Team, building and implementing graphics for all shows under the CBS News brand. Applicants should include a resume and reel.
We seek an editorially-minded Art Director who is an experienced leader, and whose work displays attention to detail, a strong command of kinetic typographic design, and an aesthetic that is modern and relevant. Your reel will illustrate a mature grasp of motion design fundamentals, and feature animations that are dynamic, refined, fluid, and establish consistent motion logics.
Critical to this role is a demonstrated talent in narrative storytelling: the ability to lead a team of motion designers - understanding our brands and our audience and being able to produce compelling and dynamic visual stories.
• With guidance from the Creative Director, delegate job responsibilities among graphics team and oversee that quality work is being completed within specific deadline
• Work directly with Creative Director to develop and articulate design concepts throughout the CBS News brand
• Work closely with show art directors to convey overall brand image across all shows
• Responsible for developing and executing the larger profile design packages such as special events, primetime programs, BET and Paramount
• Suggest new ways of improving the quality of designs and other project issues
• Manage training, creatively guide and mentor entry-level entrants and advancing the overall aesthetic improvement of the Graphic Arts Department
• Creatively lead designs for title opens, transitions, motion prototypes for all CBS News shows and formats
• Collaborate with our Senior Coordinating Art Director on executing designs based on deadlines
• Work creatively and collaboratively with writers, producers, and editors
• Incorporate CBS News visual brand sensibilities in all designs, consistently and efficiently
• Recognize and advance the creative demands of the developing news cycle
• Provide oversight and guidance on workflow implementations
• Work with design team on implementation of templates and customized graphics for broadcast air
Preferred Education, Experience, and Certification Requirements:
• 10+ years as motion graphics designer in live television news or sports, digital media. or online news
• Mastery of After Effects, Adobe CC, Cinema 4D/other 3D programs
• Working knowledge of Viz Artist
• Demonstrated ability to work successfully in a fast-paced media environment, and to collaborate productively and efficiently with editorial teams
• Must be capable of working in a high-pressure, fast-changing live news environment, balancing competing priorities diplomatically and quickly
• Understanding of television control room workflow, operations and etiquette
• Proven leadership skills. Able to influence and engage with various teams in a productive and instructive manner
• Appreciation that News is a 24 hours-a-day, 7 days-a-week endeavor
• Knowledge of broadcast video codecs and industry standard file formats
• Demonstrated high standard of editorial awareness
• Demonstrated understanding of visual language and graphic design while integrating a high standard of editorial awareness
Paramount is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) including disability/vet.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gp0o3o-3-238-24-209-42 in your application.