Los Angeles, CA
The Media Strategist will lead all aspects of media strategy and planning for a subset of CBS series, driving awareness and tune-in for scripted, non-scripted, and late-night properties. You will work closely with the Global Brand Strategy team, the On-Air Planning team, the Creative and Social teams, as well as our media agency to craft, develop, and execute media campaigns. You will gather appropriate data to develop, produce, implement and measure strategies, tactics and plans that effectively align to the target audience(s) and campaign objectives as set by the cross-functional team. You will collaborate with internal teams and agency partners to develop and execute engaging, innovative and strategic marketing and content plans that help build the CBS brand as a top choice for entertainment content.
• Work with our Global Brand Strategy team to develop, implement and lead a clear strategic vision and strategy for media activities across your assigned set of shows.
• Find ways to use media outlets, opportunities, and content to deepen our relationship with our audiences, to drive tune-in and engagement, grow our digital/social channel footprint, and use all organic marketing efforts to reach our customers in substantial and engaging ways.
• Help own the development of media marketing plans, including overall strategies and engagement initiatives for both paid and organic efforts.
• Set clear objectives, identify targets and set engagement strategies across a multitude of content types.
• Build and implement strategies that provide the most advantageous opportunity to gain increased recognition and preference by our audiences and the broader media industry.
• Gather, analyse and apply data and customer insights to help define effective and innovative strategic approaches.
• Measure outputs against internal and external efforts.
• Collaborate effectively with CBS Marketing leadership including brand, creative and promotion teams.
• Collaborate across business units, including, CBS Network, CBS Entertainment, CBS Interactive, CBS Television Stations and other CBS-branded businesses and sister companies.
• Build and maintain relationships with external agency partners and vendors
• Develop and maintain annual partnerships with key media partners
• Share industry findings and coordinate vendor presentations with the broader marketing team.
• Work with vendors and data science teams to analyse and translate multi-touch attribution insights into optimized media plans.
• Optimally lead a paid media budget against all efforts.
• Provide finance with weekly/monthly/quarterly financial reconciliations and reports for media spend, agency billing forecasting, planned-to-actual reconciliations, and other investments.
• Work to cultivate and implement new processes and mechanisms that will ultimately improve team performance, creativity, communication and collaboration.
• 6+ years of experience in media strategy and planning.
• Deep understanding of how to drive awareness and engagement with entertainment content.
• Ability to develop forward-thinking ideas for a variety of entertainment marketing campaigns, crafted to drive customer acquisition/retention as we deepen audience engagement and improve the CBS brand position.
• Understanding of traditional and digital entertainment marketing, including but not limited to on-air, display, print, OOH, paid social, performance and digital media channels.
• Knowledge of industry planning and research tools.
• Ability to establish relationships quickly with a wide range of personality types.
• Leadership skills including motivating, encouraging and driving dynamic creative thinking.
• Comfortable in a test-and-learn environment.
• Possess strong decision-making skills and can operate with significant autonomy and discretion.
• Creative problem solver with strategic and analytical prowess.
• Detail oriented with strong project management skills.
• Ability to prioritize in a complex, fast-paced environment.
• An excellent listener and communicator with a high EQ.
• Focused and driven to excellence at the accomplishment of all tasks.
• Strong verbal and written communication skills.
• Experience leading marketing budgets.
ViacomCBS delivers premium content to audiences across traditional and emerging platforms worldwide. Through television, streaming and digital content, studio production, publishing, live events, merchandise and more, we connect with billions of people.