Hybrid Production Artist
Los Angeles, CA
We are seeking a strong creative designer who is open minded, collaborative, and willing to roll up their sleeves and stretch their design skills to bring CBS Original and brand campaigns to life. The Junior Designer is responsible for designing initial concepts and ideas, deck presentations, logos and type layouts, social media posts and print design. This role must be able to create new ideas as well as build-out and deliver adaptive creative from finished art. This person should have the ability to retain and understand file management and organization structures, unpack basic project requirements and delivery dates, and is a self-starter with a high bias for action.
This person should be obsessed with design trends, always looking for new, creative ways to apply them across all verticals of content and is aware of social media and tech trends. They will take direction from Art Directors and Sr. Designers, and as such should take mentorship and feedback to heart. Lastly, the ideal person should have a true passion for entertainment and a love for social and new content trends.
• Great at communicating concepts by generating quick mock-ups, designs and sketches that help bring marketing ideas to life
• Able to ideate and construct ideas within a team-based design environment
• Has a strong understanding of graphic design, illustration, animation, video editing and gifs
• Design breakthrough creative for Instagram, Twitter, Facebook, YouTube, TikTok, Twitch, etc.
• Design branded concepts, artwork, layouts, and assets for CBS Originals, promotions and events
• Develop and implement new processes and mechanisms that will ultimately improve team performance, creativity, communication and collaboration
• 2-3+ years working experience or degree in Graphic Design, Fine Art/Design, Advertising or any related field
• Strong skills in Photoshop, Illustrator, PowerPoint and Keynote with beginner knowledge of basic animation and production within After Effects
• Well organized, detail oriented, able to multitask, prioritize responsibilities, and work well under pressure in a fast-paced environment
• Craves and acts on feedback
• Understanding of traditional and digital entertainment marketing, including but not limited to print, OOH, social, and digital media channels
• Exemplary team player able to build relationships quickly with internal and external stakeholders with a wide range of personality types
• An excellent listener and communicator with a high EQ
• Positive attitude and the ability to be proactive, resourceful and flexible
• Excellent oral and written communication skills
• Advanced knowledge of social media platforms and emerging technology
• Ability to anticipate scheduling/organizational challenges and suggest solutions in a timely manner
• Able to make independent decisions in the handling of sensitive and confidential information while exercising good judgment and discretion
• Comfortable in a test-and-learn environment
• Creative thinker with strategic and analytical prowess
• Focused and driven to excellence at the accomplishment of all tasks
• Embraces accountability
ViacomCBS delivers premium content to audiences across traditional and emerging platforms worldwide. Through television, streaming and digital content, studio production, publishing, live events, merchandise and more, we connect with billions of people.