Director, Business Affairs
ViacomCBS Streaming (formerly CBS Interactive) is a division of ViacomCBS that encompasses both free, paid, and premium streaming services including Pluto TV, Paramount +, CBS Sports Digital, and CBS News Digital.
This is a critical role we are looking to fill, whereby this person will be tasked with partnering cross-functionally across Legal, Business Affairs, Content Strategy, Content Acquisitions, Product, Video Operations, Marketing and other teams for the end-to-end management of our digital rights, keeping parties abreast and informed on our rights across our owned and operated platforms as well as our partner platforms. This person will oversee the buildout of a database to house our rights information, again working with the key internal stakeholders, and drive the execution, development and oversight of this much needed tool. This tool will give us the ability to better scale and care for our varied rights profiles, and serve the internal parties more accurately who require this information.
The VP, Rights Management will lead a critical function of our business operations, working cross-functionally across Legal, Business Affairs, Business Development, Finance, Content Strategy, Content Acquisition, Product, Partnerships and Operations and more. In this role, the VP, Rights Management will be responsible for the end-to-end management and implementation of ViacomCBS digital rights across various platforms, including owned and operated and distributor platforms. This role will also be focused on building and overseeing the team that maintains the digital rights management solution to meet the scaling and complex needs of the dynamic streaming business. Successful candidates will be proven leaders and team players, self-starters, and highly experienced in digital rights management, development and maintenance of rights management systems.
• Lead & develop an expertise in ViacomCBS' digital rights and content distribution agreements
• Synthesize and collate digital rights and contractual obligations through rights management systems across various content models (OTT, SVOD, FVOD, AVOD) and platforms for domestic and select territory distribution
• Effectively disseminate content rights information to support the internal stakeholders (Business Affairs, Business Development, Legal, Finance, Content Strategy, Content Acquisition, Product, Partnerships and Operations) ensuring proper implementation
• Build/architect out, maintain and administer digital rights management tool
• Drive new processes and find efficiencies for digital rights management to support growing digital OTT and SVOD businesses
• Implement routine strategies for ensuring data integrity and quality assurance of implementation
• Create regular and ad hoc reporting and presentations for senior management and key business unit stakeholders around streaming and content distribution rights
What you bring to the team:
You have -
• 7+ years of experience in digital rights management within a media or digital MVPD(s) or OTT SVOD service(s); experience in broadcast television digital business models is a plus
• Experience building and leading a team of several direct reports across emerging business models
• In depth knowledge and hands-on experience building or developing digital rights management tools; experience in database creation and management is a plus
• Proficient knowledge of Microsoft Office, especially Excel, and working with large data sets
• Strong attention to detail and must be highly organized with an ability to prioritize responsibilities
• Able to work independently and cross-functionally with various departments, and be comfortable with changing deadlines and priorities in a fast-paced, dynamic environment across time-zones
• Excellent communication, analytical, and organizational skills
• Strong collaboration and relationship-building experience, comfortable working with all levels of management, both internally and externally
• Passion for TV, film, and other video content
You might also have -
• Experience in the field of intellectual property, video licensing, or digital rights management
• Experience in an Operations and/or Project Management role
• Experience with international digital rights management is a plus
FUNCTION: Business Development
CBS Interactive is the premier online content network for information and online operations of ViacomCBS as well as some of the top native digital brands in the entertainment industry.