Staff Writer, PopCulture.com (Evenings & Weekends)
ViacomCBS Streaming (formerly CBS Interactive) is a division of ViacomCBS that encompasses both free, paid, and premium streaming services including Pluto TV, CBS All Access, CBS Sports Digital, and CBS News Digital.
PopCulture.com is an entertainment media website for a generation passionate about larger than life celebrities and hungry for all kinds of entertainment news. PopCulture reaches 15M unique users each month and is the go-to source for all things television, celebrity, trending news, and entertainment culture.
The Writer will be primarily responsible for writing daily news desk articles that include but are not limited to reality tv news, celebrities, and general trending news. The writer will work with the PopCulture editorial and content team, in a fun and fast-paced media-centric agile environment. As a writer, you will be responsible for producing a set amount of articles each day while also being able to recognize content lanes that continue to grow PopCulture's influence in key areas.
• Collaborate with editorial team members to produce the best of the best content
• Consistently hit target content frequency goals daily, monthly
• Help seek out trending news items that will move the needle
• Write at least 8 stories a shift
• Understand data-based writing so that PopCulture can stay at the top of each news cycle
What you bring to the team:
You have -
• 2+ years of professional experience, with a broad range of skills and experience in online content writing and distribution
• Strong understanding of mainstream TV, celebrity culture, entertainment news, sports culture and online trends
• Know the most current entertainment news cycles
• You have experience with fast-paced, but quality writing for the Internet
You might also have -
• Bachelor's in Journalism, Online Media or equivalent
• Strong initiative and the ability for creative thinking as it relates to PopCulture news desk workflow and content production
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gx3y9z-3-238-130-97-42 in your application.