Full Time Job
Staff Writer, Popculture.Com
- Full Time
- Mid (2-5 years) Experience
Staff Writer, POPCulture.com (Evenings and Weekends)
PopCulture.com is an entertainment media website for a generation passionate about larger than life celebrities and eager for all kinds of entertainment news. PopCulture reaches 15M unique users each month and is the go-to source for all things television, celebrity, trending news, and entertainment culture. If you are obsessed with pop culture come join us!
PopCulture is seeking a Staff Writer who will be primarily responsible for writing daily news desk articles that include but are not limited to reality TV news, celebrities, and general trending news. Our ideal candidate will have a demonstrated abliity to work with the PopCulture editorial and content team, in a fun and fast-paced media-centric agile environment. As a writer, you will be responsible for producing a set amount of articles each day while also being able to recognize content lanes that continue to grow PopCulture's influence in key areas.
• Collaborate with editorial team to produce the best of the best content
• Consistently hit target content frequency goals daily, monthly
• Help seek out trending news items that will move the needle
• Write at least 8 stories per shift
• Knowledge of data-based writing ensuring PopCulture stays at the top of each news cycle
• 2+ years of professional experience, with a broad range of skills and experience in online content writing and distribution
• Strong understanding of mainstream TV, celebrity culture, entertainment news, sports culture and online trends
• Detailed knowledge of the most current entertainment news cycles
• Proven ability to produce quality writing for the internet under tight deadlines
• Bachelor's in Journalism, Online Media or equivalent, preferred
• Strong initiative and the ability for creative thinking as it relates to PopCulture news desk workflow and content production strongly preferred
ViacomCBS is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) including disability/vet.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-g6z1v0-3-236-98-69-42 in your application.