San Francisco, CA
The Senior Technical Project Manager should be ready to handle highly complex projects in a fast-paced environment through applying precision tracking, initiative, and creativity for ViacomCBS Digital's advanced technology project management team. The technical project manager should understand technical aspects of site and product development with a focus on video delivery across multiple platforms and from different environments. This Project Manager will work with cross-functional teams (i.e. Product, Video Engineering, Site Engineering, and Management) to drive projects from inception to launch, including reporting, resource allocation, scheduling, risk management, and rollout with a deep knowledge of video architecture as well as SDLC. Does this sound like you?
• Manage projects across multiple business units to deliver the best video experience possible. Examples of cross-org initiatives include: Super Bowl, video streaming for House of Brands, UEFA and upcoming election cycle.
• Organize the workflow of Engineers and Product to deliver projects on schedule and within budget.
• Manage cross organization roll outs of new and updated video technology.
• Create and execute project work plans and revise as appropriate to meet changing needs and requirements.
• Identify baseline KPIs to gauge impact to projects; continuously monitoring results and adjusting accordingly
• Effectively apply ViacomCBS digital development methodology and enforce project standards.
• Minimize exposure on projects by clearly communicating potential risks at every stage.
• Create and ensure completion of project documents that remain current and organized.
• Take ownership of project scope and timing issues, driving them to resolution in a timely fashion.
• Integrate with specific business teams while communicating project progress with team members as the public face of video project progress across ViacomCBS.
What you bring to the team:
You have -
• BA/BS in Business, Engineering or a related field required. Technical background required and Master's degree a plus.
• Minimum 5 years experience in a project or program management role.
• Familiar with Jira, Google Suite as well as Github, Bitbucket or similar repository.
• Minimum 3 years of experience at building a Program / Project on Video technology, software development, cloud or large enterprise software projects specifically.
• Experience working with both Agile and Waterfall development methodologies.
• Possess strong technical acumen, with fundamental knowledge of key cloud technologies and tools (AWS, Azure, Docker, GCP, Terraform, Kubernetes) and video engineering (video compression, AAC video and audio codec standards, live and VOD content delivery). This knowledge doesn't need to be practical, but at a level of understanding needed to lead development or release tasks, and identify and resolve issues in projects as they arise.
• Self-motivated, creativity, deadline enthusiast, and relentless about quality and communication required. The candidate must work independently, proactively gather consensus from multiple internal stakeholders, hold themselves accountable for the success of the project, can drive prioritization, and be able to change tasks quickly & communicate changes effectively based on shifts in priorities or urgent deadlines.
• Passion for and knowledge of interactive technology and platforms required!
You might also have -
• Project Manager for a large scale website and/or vendor based solution provider of enterprise technology and PMP certification a plus.
• Familiarity with ''Aha!'' product road-mapping software is a plus
• Experience supporting, or working on, a team working on digital video delivery
• Experience working on big data pipelines or big data products
• Solid understanding of Microsoft Azure, Amazon Web Services Cloud, Google Cloud, and other cloud providers.
• Experience working in a media entertainment environment with multiple stakeholders and distributed teams.
• Certified ScrumMaster certification
CBS Interactive is the premier online content network for information and online operations of ViacomCBS as well as some of the top native digital brands in the entertainment industry.