Sr Software Engineer
ViacomCBS Streaming (formerly CBS Interactive) is a division of ViacomCBS that encompasses both free, paid, and premium streaming services including Pluto TV, Paramount +, CBS Sports Digital, and CBS News Digital.
We are seeking a skilled Senior Software Engineer experienced building highly scalable, innovative web services with data streaming and big data technology. This position will also utilize machine learning in a continuous delivery model on cloud platforms. Does this sound like you?
In this role, you will team up with leads and architects to build out a technical vision aimed at realizing the future of sports! You will join engineers and product owners passionate about solving intriguing problems!
• Building new foundational capabilities using domain-driven design and test-driven development that will power features and experiences on various CBS Sports properties
• Developing the tools and processes used across CBS Sports to increase the speed of software delivery while reducing the cost of implementation
• Participate in scrum ceremonies - daily stand-ups, grooming and sprint planning
• Practice DevOps, write good tests and deploy continuously to prod with monitoring
• Review your teammate's design, code, provide constructive feedback and engage in good technical discussions including weekly deep dive sessions
• Work with your product partners to develop technical solutions for features.
• Designing and building out a core data layer to power all of CBS Sports Digital products that ingests, process and store data from hundreds of sources over different transports
• Building out an API data store for clients to consume and create custom data
• Define a distributed tracing system for web services and data observability
• Containerization of core systems to reduce overhead of infrastructure management.
What you bring to the team:
You have -
• Experience in microservice architecture, RESTful services enabling real-time data consumption
• Big Data experience working with streaming services such as Kinesis, Kafka, RabbitMQ along with Hadoop and big data processing frameworks such as Spark, Hive, Nifi, Flink, AWS Lambda
• Experience with relational, NoSQL data stores such as Aurora, Elasticsearch, DynamoDB, MongoDB and SQL Analytical functions
• Hands-on experience working in a distributed/cloud-based environment (AWS preferred) with high transaction volumes
• Proficient with DevOps, modern build strategies, continuous integration, unit testing and automated integration test, version control systems (GIT, SVN), issue tracking tools (Jira) & CI/CD related tools such as Jenkins, Bamboo
• BS Computer Science, Engineering, a related technical degree, or equivalent professional experience.
You might also have -
• AWS Certifications - Associates or Professional
• Experience at an online company in digital media or content creation
• Excellent team player and communicator capable of creating positive relationships across engineering, product and architecture
• Energetic self-starter who can work in a complex collaborative environment that rewards experiments, initiative, curiosity and mentoring
• Ability to define solutions, provide estimates of effort, risk and evaluate technical feasibility.
FUNCTION: Software Engineering
CBS Interactive is the premier online content network for information and online operations of ViacomCBS as well as some of the top native digital brands in the entertainment industry.